Serena

Carriages & Chocolate x04x

"SERENA!!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!"

I grunted and rolled over. My eyes popped open when I realized what my mom was saying. I could hardly believe that it was already time for school to start. It felt like only yesterday that I had met Matt and my room was chaotic with far too many boxes. I thought of what this meant. I was finally going to Beauxbatons. I was so exited! We got these cute little blue uniforms and we would take dance lessons and everything! I got changed quickly. I smiled as I looked at my full length mirror. My hair had some highlights in it from spending so much time in the pool and out in the sun. Most days Matt and I just lazed around the pool. Matt's school started a week earlier then our school though so for the past week I was training with my powers. I looked again at my packed trunks and owl cage. I named my owl Brownie for her brown color. What made Brownie unique though were her vibrant violet eyes. I don’t remember how I got her, but my mom said it was a present from my uncle. I've never actually seen my "uncle" though. I suspect theirs more to the story though from the way she glances around when she talks about it though.

"Serena, get your butt down here!"

I made sure I was touching all of my stuff as I appeared downstairs. "Mom, I'm ready! Lets go!"

I waved my wand and made a yogurt appear on the counter. I waved my wand again and made a spoon appear. I grabbed both after swinging my purse over my shoulder. I took a bite out of my vanilla with chocolate pieces yogurt. Mmmm… it's so good! I snapped my fingers and a rolling thingie that you can put luggage on appeared in purple swirls. (me: you know what I mean right?) I had it in my upstairs closet so I just transported it. I snapped my fingers again and all of my luggage was arranged perfectly on top of it. I rolled it outside. I figured Brownie would just fly along later. She had the amazing sense to find me wherever I am.

My mom was waiting outside, impatiently tapping her foot. "Serena, there you are! You're going to be late for the carriages."

I was curious to find out how I would actually get to Beauxbatons. "What carriages?"

"You'll see when we get there." I ate my yogurt while we drove. When we were finally done I snapped my fingers and it disappeared to our kitchen counter.

We finally arrived at a clear flat field with a long rubber-looking rectangle in the middle of it. It had a blue sign next to it with white words that I couldn’t make out on it.

"I can't believe my baby's off to a new school and in fourth year too." She sniffed. "It seemed like only yesterday that I was teaching you how to ride a broom." She looked at me and with tears in her eyes hugged me. "You have to write."

"I will mom!" I looked at the sign, curious to figure out what it was. I saw a few girls hugging their families and a few at the sign sitting on a bench. "Love you" I said to hurry her.

"You do know that I won't see you until a very long time, maybe not even until spring break. Remember? I have to go to London for my work so you won't be able to come back home for Christmas."

"Yes mom! I'll miss you! Now can I go?"

"Ok then Serena, love you and I'll miss you. Bye."

"Bye," I said hurriedly and rushed over to the blue sign.

I stared at the sign. It said "Carriage Stop" on it. "There is going to be flying horses that take us there."

I turned around to see the owner of the French speaker. There was a petite blonde haired, blue eyed girl standing right behind me also looking at the sign. Three people, who I guessed were her family, were standing behind her hugging. One looked about 17 and the other two were her parents. The girl who had just talked to me and the girl hugging her parents seemed to be sisters. I smiled,

"Hello, My name's Serena Poseidon. Is there really going to be flying horses?"

She smiled also, "Your French is wonderful! You looked American. My name's Gabrielle. My sister, Fleur, has been going here for a very long time. She's in 7th year. Yes, the flying horses pull a carriage until we get to Beauxbatons."

"Wow! Yes, I am from America, but I have been speaking French forever," I half lied.

"Yes, it's really good. What year are you going to be in? I'm starting 4th year."

"I am too!" I said really exited. It seemed as though I made my first friend.

I heard a murmur come from the gathering of girls that had gathered together. One first-year pointed to the sky and chattered excitedly with her friend. I took a few steps forward while looking up to get a better view. It seemed as though those were the carriages everyone was talking about. "Yup, those are them," said Gabrielle.

I watched them land. As they came closer, I could see the fine details of the gold and white on the carriages. They were beautiful. The horses pulling them were all pure white with strong wings coming right behind their shoulder blades were. They were enormous, yet you could still see the grace and beauty of each gust that their powerful wings fluttered.

"Gabrielle," I heard a voice call, "I have to go do my Head Girl duties. Like mother said, try not to embarrass our family's name."

I glanced back and saw it was her sister, Fleur.

"I'll come back later, 'kay?" Fleur ended on a fonder note before strolling over to one of the bigger carriages.

"Come on!" Gabrielle called over to me from one of the carriages.

I grabbed my lightened bags and hurried over to the carriage she was in. On my way up the steps, I tripped and fell into the carriage. My bags flew across the spacious carriage, and luckily only one spit open.

One of the girls was struggling to hold a smile. She finally just giggled slightly. "Hi, I'm Rachelle." She walked over and started to help me pick up all my stuff and put it back in the bag.

Another girl with red hair pulled her wand out. "Repairo," she said, pointing her wand toward my bag. She also walked over along with Gabrielle and started picking up my stuff.

Rachelle pulled back her long black hair before picking up a picture frame.

"Ooooo…Is he your boyfriend?" The other girls crowded around the frame. A black girl who had been asleep woke up at the noise. She sleepily walked over to see what everyone was fussing about.

"Hottie," she sleepily commented when she saw the picture.

I blushed. That was a picture of Matt next to the pool with me. It had been when we were lounging around on pool chairs.

The black girl noticed me and held out her hand, "Gisele." She said.

"Serena", I said back shaking her hand.

The red head who had not yet introduced herself stuck her head up and looked at me, "Chloe."

"Marie ", said a blonde girl with green eyes.

"So he's your boyfriend," Gisele commented, now fully awake.

"He's a hottie with a body," Marie said.

"He's NOT my boyfriend! He's just a friend."

Rachelle looked at me confused and opened her mouth.

"Then why do you have a picture of you in a bikini with him on a pool chair?" Gabrielle beat Rachelle to asking me.

"Don’t be so rude," Chloe scolded.

I blushed. "It's fine Chloe."

She scoffed and sat down on one of the plush seats picking up a book.

"He was being greedy and wouldn’t get out of my favorite chair! So we decided to share." I defended myself. "Gabby, wouldn’t you do the same?"

She giggled, "No."

"Ugg, well then," I said.

"Full house", I said.
"Awww…," everyone groaned. I beckoned with my hands. "Come on people. Pay up." I had just taught everyone how to play poker and so far no one had been able to beat me.

"Y'all it's not even like real money. They're just poker chips,"
Gisele spoke up.

"Moolah!" Rachelle said laughing.

Gabby giggled, "Cash". We all giggled.

Marie spoke up quietly, "I know how to play blackjack. Do y'all want to learn?"

We all murmured our agreement. "That sounds fun," I said.

"What is black jack?" Chloe asked.

Marie giggled, "It's kinda like poker… only it isn’t."

Gisele snorted. "Very specific Marie!"

"So do you wanna learn or not?" Marie became more confident.

"Wanna!" Rachelle shouted. We learned how to play blackjack from Marie then retired the games to talk. The ride was supposed to be 3 hours before we arrived at Beauxbatons.

"What time Chloe?"

Chloe was the only person to actually wear a watch. "Gabby, that's the 3rd time you've asked in the same minute!"

Gabby was leaning back on a purple silk pillow she had brought from home. "Oh…ok."

"Ok everyone! Let's play Truth," Gisele suggested.

"Nah, lets play I've never," Rachelle said.

"What would we play I've never with?" I asked.

Rachelle's eyes glinted and she smirked. "I have," she paused for dramatic effect, "Honeydukes chocolate!!!"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHH," Marie screeched, "We are SOOO playing I've Never!!!"

"Gosh Marie, you are so obsessed," Chloe said. "Do you remember what she did last year, because she wanted chocolate?"

Gisele exchanged glances with Chloe and Rachelle.

Since Gabby and I were new, we were completely lost. Finally we burst, "WHAT!!!" "Tell us, TELL US!!!"

Rachelle said, "It was during the mixer with Durmstrung. She just went up to a guy holding chocolate and kissed him. While they were kissing she took the chocolate from him and ran away."

Marie protested, "I was deprived of chocolate for a month! And plus, it was raspberry truffle!"

Gabby and I smiled at the story. My smile faltered, "Isn't Durmstrung that all boys, dark magic school where all the boys are evil?"

"Well ya, but not all the boys are evil," Rachelle said.

"Ya, some are hotties!" Gisele smiled.

"And some of them are sweet, sensitive, smart, caring boys," Chloe said staring dreamily off into space.

"OOOhhh," Gabby said, "Chloe has a BOYFRIEND!" Chloe rolled her eyes, "shut up."

Marie smiled mischievously at this, "His name is Robbie."

Chloe glared at her, "Let's shut up now!"

We all got situated with Gabby's collection of pillows. I had one that was green and pink and said "I love shoes" on it. Rachelle's chocolate was in the middle. "Ok, I'll start," Rachelle announced to the group. Rachelle thought for a moment before saying, "I've never kissed a boy from Durmstrung."

Marie grabbed a piece of chocolate and Chloe blushed. She reached out for a piece of milk chocolate.

We all reacted, "OHHHHH!" "So you HAVE kissed Robbie." We all smiled and said, "Chloe and Robbie sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G…"

Chloe rolled her eyes and said, "You guys are so immature."

I stopped singing, "HEY! I'm not a guy."

Gabby rolled her eyes. "Right…and we are."

I smiled, "Yup, y'all are guys… but I'm a girl."

"We're all girls, ok? Ok," said Rachelle, impatient to get on with the game. We kept on playing until the carriage stopped for a break and we were all unbelievably hyper.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! They're off to Beauxbatons. =)
Oh! And yes, they are speaking french. I'm just writing the french parts in english. <3

ily,
alicia