The Da Vinci Term

Flood In The House Of Wolves

Image

It was raining heavily that night when Gerard went to sleep. He was just finished marking Biology test papers, when the sound of rain hitting the roof came to his hearing. He switched on his bed side lamp and walked to the windows, looking out to the glaring lightning and heavy rain pouring outside. He opened the wooden framed windows and the cold wind swept on his face, leaving little drops of rain on his cheeks. He watched as two little stray cats running, trying to seek shelter from the rain and cold, and thought to himself,

“If this rain doesn’t stop, then the athletics team wont be having practice tomorrow...”

He took one last look at the rain and walked to his bed. He buried himself under the thick comforter and fell asleep immediately.

“Mr. WAY! Mr. WAY!!!!!”

Gerard was awoken by the sound on his door.

“Mr. WAYYYYY!!!!!”

He opened his tired eyes and glanced at the radio alarm clock on the bed side table, it was 4.30 am in the morning- that means he had only been asleep for only two hours! The bang on his door became louder and although he was tired as hell, he forced himself to wake up. He rubbed his eyes a few times before pushing his feet onto the floor.

“Okay girls, I’m coming…” he murmured.

As his feet touched the floor, he looked down and saw that the parquet floor was submerged in clear water.

“What the hell?”

He rubbed his eyes again and watched as the crystal clear water risen to his ankle.

“Did I forgot to turn off the tap?” he asked himself and walked to the bathroom. He checked on the taps both on the sink and the bath tub and walked back to his room. He watched as the water level began rising slowly and touhed the trim of his long night coat.

“What happen?”

“MISTER WAY!!!” Came the scream on his door again. He rushed to the door, opened it and saw House Captain Nita standing with a stricken look across her face. He can also hear cries and screams from the other girls in the House and the atmosphere in front of his was chaotic. The Wolvers, all clad in their night pyjamas and night dresses, were running back and forth, looking panic and scared at the same time.

“It’s flooding Mr. Way!” Nita said. Gerard was numb for a second before he realized that the girls were not fooling around this time.

“Water level at Dunearn and Cortran had reach the knee, and soon, the water will reach us, sir,” Nita added.

“Okay, let’s get our stuff,” he said and instructed the girls to carry valuable items from the Common Room to the second floor.

“Angel, Vix and Sarah, get the TV… Rebecca and Annabeth, get the books in the Common Room, and Aisyah, please carry the DVD player…” Nita instructed. Gerard walked to the Common Room and saw the thick carpet was already drenched wet. The six girls walked in quickly and carried all the stuff to the second floor. Soon, more girls came downstairs to help.

“But Mr. Way, what if the water raised up to the second floor?” Vix asked.

“Yeah sir, I think it’s better if we put these on the third floor,” said Rebecca.

Gerard nodded and the girls began moving the stuff up the staircase to the third floor.

“Be careful girls!” Gerard shouted from the bottom of the stairs. He walked back to his quarters and looked around… His house too, was flooded. The Belgian carpet was already wet and this time, the water level had rise up to his knee. He ran to his room, opened his wardrobe and looked at the designer clothes in it.

“I wont let you get wet, sweethearts,” he said and caressed the sleeve of his black Calvin Klein suede coat to his cheeks. He gathered all his clothes, and without folding them, he tried to balance everything and climbed the stairs to the third floor.

“Oh no, Mr. Way. Let us help you with that!” Angel said and running to help Gerard with his clothes.

“Oh thanks. Thanks very much,” He said as the girls took the clothes from his hands.

“Where should we put all your clothes, sir?” Sarah asked.

Gerard looked around the third floor, there was no storage room there. He put his finger on his chin, and surveyed the hallway.

“Follow me, girls,” He said and marched to the fourth room from the stairs. He knocked on the door several times and when the door swung open, the sleepy Ean appeared. Gerard didn’t say a thing and pushed Ean aside and ordered the girls to drop all his clothes on her bed.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” Ean cursed as other girls began to put more Gerard’s stuff into her room. “Oi Mr. Way, what the fuck is going on?” She said while rubbing her sleepy eyes with her fingers.

Gerard pretended he didn’t heard her and continued to order more girls to get his clothes from his room.

Image
HMW: Okay, we’ll put all the stuff here in Ean’s room. Let’s see… *scratches head* Urm, Clothes go on the bed and boxes on the floor…
Ean: MISTA WAY! My room is not a storage room!
HMW: Oh yes, it is now. Image
Ean: Image

And almost immediately, the whole House Of Wolves residents were already helping their House Master moved his stuff from being submerged in the flood into the poor Ean’s room.

“For God’s sake Mr. Way, for once, THINK ABOUT OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF to save than just YOUR STUFF!” Britt, a rebellious teen girl shouted.

Gerard stopped giving instructions to the girls and turned to Britt

“My stuff IS important!” He said pointing to his expensive clothes and a pile of boxes which the girls had arranged.

“Oh yes, this is important stuff, Britt,” House Captain Maegan said and pointed to a big box labeled ’Biology’ which she and Nutty carried. “If we don’t save all this Biology teaching material, then I’m afraid Mr.Way wont be able to teach us,” she added as both of them struggled to arrange the box on top of other boxes. But unfortunately, as she finished speaking, Nutty slipped and the box fell onto the floor and a few stacks of Playboy magazines fell onto the floor.

“Whoa. That’s really… Biology,” Britt said sarcastically and shot House Master Way an annoyed look.

Image
HMW: *thinks* Damn. Now they’ve seen my happy magazines collection...Image

******to be continued************