The Da Vinci Term

Sports Day

“Okay girls, I have one important announcement to make,” Gerard said as their P.E Lesson ended. The girls, who were still tired from push ups, squats, lunges and other simple exercise walked wearily and sat on the grass, facing Gerard as he held out a piece of paper.

“See this? It’s the annual King Edward School Sports Day…” He said and the girls nodded.

“Every March, this school will have Sports Day where each house will compete against the other Houses, boys versus boys, and girls versus girls. So, we are going to compete against Dunearn and Rodwell…”

The girls’ tired eyes lighted up.

“And the winning House will receive a lot of prizes, for example… last year, House Of Wolves won ten computers which you use in the Common Room…”

“Err sir? There are only NINE computers in the Common Room,” Cassy said. Gerard smiled.

“That’s because the other one is in my room,” He said matter-of-factly. “The computer in my room is the server for the entire House Of Wolves computer networking…” He explained defensively, as he wanted to hide the facts that he was also using the computer to surf into massive amount of porn websites. He smiled again and stood with his arms folded while staring at the forty young girls in front of him. There was a complete silence as the girls waited eagerly for what he’s gonna say next.

“And this year, the winning House will get a holiday package to some exotic destination,” He said.

“Holiday? All the forty of us will get to go?” Brandy asked, not trying to hide the excitement in her voice.

“Only if we win…” Gerard said with a smile. The girls cheered loudly.

“Where exactly is this exotic destination, sir?” said Annabeth, who was still confused about the whole thing. Holiday package for a winner in some school sports day? It’s too good to be true! But this is King Edward School we are talking about, ANYTHING can happen here.

“Well, we are talking about Bali… Phuket…”

“WOW!!!!” The girls cheered, not believing the thing that they just heard.

“But we have to work really hard… From my experience, Dunearn and Rodwell are pretty tough asses…” Gerard said encouragingly, knowing that he already gets the girls fired up for the challenge.

“So, this is the sign up sheets…I want ALL of you to be involved, I don’t wanna see any lazy bums in the House,” He said as he held out another piece of paper. “We have five events- athletics, swimming, fencing, gymnastics, and wrestling… So, eight girls per event…”

“Wrestling? Sir? I think that’s for boys… For girls, they have cheerleading…” House Captain Maegan corrected him. Gerard looked back at the sign up sheets and nodded.

“Oh, Sorry. But you know what, I don’t mind you girls signing up for wrestling, though… I bet you can do better than the mud-wrestlers at Lunagirls…” he said cheekily.

“Err sir… What’s Lunagirls?” Nutty asked.

“Oh never mind…” Gerard said, his cheeks were blushing. Ean who sat the the back shot Gerard an infuriated look.

“That’s a strip club,” she muttered under her breath in annoyance but loud enough for Bella, who sat beside her to hear. “Wow, Mr. Way has a naughty imagination about us!” Bella said, chuckling to her own jokes.

“Yeah, great. I don’t wanna know what OTHER naughty imaginations he has about us…” Ean said sarcastically as the girls got up and walked back to their rooms...

*************To be continued*****************