A Deal With Death

Chapter Twelve

We stayed motionless for a little while, staring into each other’s eyes.

His breath became deep and I could feel it on my lips.

I was glad that we had both brushed our teeth very recently.

He leant down slowly still looking into my eyes and brushed his lips lightly against mine.

My breath caught in my throat making me gasp as he pulled away.

His face was blank as he looked at me now but it was just as close as before.

His other hand came up my cheek and rested there as he stroked my cheekbone with his thumb.

“Airlea do you believe in death?” he asked quietly still not moving.

I nodded my head a little not trusting my voice in anyway.

“Do you believe he might have an assistant?” his warm breath on my lips sending shivers down my spine.

Again I nodded my head and his eyes saddened.

“Can I show you something?” he asked and I nodded my head once more.

He took my hand from his knee and then stood up bring me with him.

We walked up to his room where I knew there were pictures of my two forms covering his walls.

As ‘I’ had never seen them I would have to act surprised.

We got there and his curtains were open letting in the sunlight.

I could see the tiny dust particles floating around his room.

He led me to the main wall with all the pictures.

I gasped seeing my eyes under the hood in proper sunlight.

They were incredible; I couldn’t believe that someone could draw so well.

It looked like they were actually eyes, and the most brilliant ones at that.

Now there was proper light I could see that there was an outline of a face under the hood, a face that resembled mine.

“You recognise her?” he asked holding onto my hand tightly.

“No” I shook my head, I didn’t want to make him think that I was really suicidal since it obviously made him sad.

He sighed in relief and then stood in front of me.

“There are so many” I looked past him and at them; I was remembering what I had said last night.

“Call me obsessive” he shrugged his shoulder and then turned my head to face him.

“Who is she?” I asked acting like I didn’t know because really I shouldn’t.

“Death’s assistant” his voice flowing with admiration with the words.

“You like her?” I asked wanting to know, needing to know if I had gotten in too far with that side of me.

He didn’t answer me but he leant in again and kissed my cheek lightly.

He couldn’t answer me, he liked me, in both forms and that wasn’t good.

Last night he told me with out any hesitation but now he was hesitating with answers.

I stood there looking at him and then walked around him to look at the pictures again.

He sighed from behind me “I shouldn’t have showed you should I?”

I turned and looked at him, he looked defeated.

“They’re beautiful, I’m glad you did” I smiled trying to make him happy, I was always trying to make him happy.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

“What are we going to do today?” he asked whispering in my hair.

I didn’t really know if he had taken my advice as Death’s Assistant the other two times I had seen him so I was weary.

I decided that we would go to the park and then just hang around at his house for the day, a lazy Sunday.

The week that followed was pretty good.

Caleb and I hung out at school and after school, we were acting more than ‘friends’ but we never really talked about it.

He didn’t appear on my list for the whole week and I was hopeful that he had given that up.

Though he was still not talking with me, Airlea, about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
Comments = love