Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Fourteen

When Brian and I arrived at the Children's hospital, Leana was reading a story to Scotty who sat there with his arm being stitched up. Her theory was to distract him while they stitched his broken arm, before they put a cast on it.

"Hey Scotty," Brian came in, Leana stood up so he could sit next to our son. "How're you feeling?"

"It's not hurting a single bit," He said proudly. "They're gonna put plaster on it, soon,"

"Really?" I asked, with fake enthusiasm. "Are you getting a coloured one?"

"No. They said I have to get a white one for awhile," You could see the dissapointment on his face. "Can I still get it signed?" He asked the Doctor.

"Sure you can. Just make sure they don't write anything rude," The female Doctor said with a grin.

"I shouldn't let Johnny or Jimmy sign it then. They're always rude,"

Brian stood behind me, and leaned in my ear. "What's scary is that Scotty's right. I'll keep those two away from his arm and sharpies,"

"Good idea," I smiled. "Where's Aedan?"

"In the nursery," Leana told me. "He was still sleeping when we got here,"

They let Scotty out with strict instructions not to try to do anything with his plastered arm. We were given follow up instructions to have his plaser removed in a month if an x-ray comes back clear. Brian carried Scotty to the waiting Taxi, while Leana carried Aedan and I just focused on my aching back. The sun was going down and Brian felt his phone vibrate in his hand the second he turned it on.

"It's your brother,"

"Oh,"

"Hello?" Instantly he held the phone away from his ear, evidently Zack was yelling. "Calm down. I'm sorry we didn't call," We buckled the kids into the chairs and Brian continued to explain to Zacky what was going on. By the end of it Zacky understood why we just took of, and didn't call them when we'd said we were just going for a walk.

"You ready to go?" Leana asked, Brian hung up and pushed the phone into his side pocket.

"Yeah, I think your brother's going to kill me,"

Laughing I replied, "What for?"

"Cause he's pissed that I took off with you. Matt ended up taking the phone of your brother and I explained to him what happened," We piled into the Taxi, then got taken straight to the Arena where Brian had to play in about twenty minutes. He kissed Scotty, and told his son how glad he was that he's okay; then kissed Aedan and I before running inside, flashing his security card to the officer then going out of sight.

Leana paid for the Cab, and helped me with the kids. We got backstage and I watched as Leana lay Scotty on the couch as he slept, I just held Aedan in my arms; watching him, and connecting various features to family. He had eyes just like my husband, they could capture you and make you feel safe, but had my nose which I was sorry for.

"Where's the small child with plaster?" Jimmy asked, holding a texta. I looked to my watch; the show was over and they were all sweaty and smelly from the concert.

"No, go away," Scotty grumbled, waking up. "You're not allowed,"

"I'm offended now," Jimmy sat on the floor, and Johnny laughing.

"That's cause you're not his favorite uncle," Johnny took the texta from Jimmy.

"You're not allowed either. Cause you're both rude," Scotty sat up, holding his plaster protectivly.

"Can I?" Matt asked, Scotty nodded. "Looks like I'm the best Uncle,"

Then the signing began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone here listen to Madina Lake? I just heard some of their music, they're really good.

So are Seether.

They're the best right now... And The Foo Fighters, specially The Pretenders. Or Nickelback.

Anywhoo,

XxX_Numb_XxX