Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Fifteen

"Why?" I giggled, as Brian rubbed my tummy. He was sitting next to me next to me, talking to the baby and occasionally kissing the bump.

"Cause I want to have names ready. We didn't with the other two, and I just think this'd be different,"

"Fine," I surrendered. Grinning he with me, and I raised my eyebrows. "What do you want to call it?"

"Blain,"

"Blain? Is that even in English?"

"Course it is. Fine, what do you want to call him,"

"Um, Riley?"

"Is that even in English?" He said, his voice high pitched, evidently mocking me. "I like-"

"Mr and Mrs Hanar?" A male Nurse stood in the doorway, holding a folder and grinning. He was clearly gay by the way his hair looked and the tone of his voice, then when he walked towards us it was certain. "I'm Chris, I'm going to be taking to Dr Mareaz's office,"

"I'm Anna, and that's Brian," With my husbands help I got to my aching feet and walked behind the Nuse and next to Brian to the office. It was bright and chearful, which made me suddenly feel good; considering I was five and a half months pregnant, and bigger then I'd ever been, that was a good thing.

"Dr Mareaz should only be a couple of minutes," Smiling he left the office, shutting the door so gently that it made me want to slam it. No door should close that quietly.

"Anyway, what I was going to say before the Nurse came," Brian chuckled. "He's a Nurse," Playfully I slapped his shoulder, causing Brian to roll his eyes and continue. "You were thinking it. I like the name Riley, but it's a little both genderish,"

"So's Aedan,"

"Yeah but..."

"You don't like the name? I'm not going to be offended, Brian,"

"Okay. Honestly, I've always wanted us to have a little girl, and I wanted to call her Riley," I laughed as he blushed, a bright red and he looked away.

"I thought you always wanted a group of boys,"

"Yeah, but I still wanted a girl that I could spoil rotten. Buy her a guitar, teach her, kill boys who go near her, you know,"

"That's so cute," I pecked his lips. But quickly looked to the door as Dr Mareaz entered, holding a clipboard. Upon her enterence you, or I, could smell coffee, she'd been drinking it; and now I was feeling sick from it.

"So you're looking to have an ultrasound, no?" She had a think French accent that made Brian smile.

"Um, yeah we are," I could tell he was trying not to laugh. "C-can we check the gender too?"

"Certainly," She indicated for me to lay on the bed, and lift up my shirt. I tucked it it, and noticed Brian was now standing next to me. "This will be cold," She warned, then but a blob of gel on my stomach.

Within a couple of minutes of putting the probe on my stomach, she turned to us with a blank look on her face.

"I'm sorry," She sighed.

"W-we lost it?" I choked out. "But-"

"No, you didn't loose it. You're having triplets,"

"Then why were you sorry? You scared my wife and-" He stopped talking. "T-triplets? As in three?"

"Yes. Would you still like to know the gender?" Nodding she looked to the screen. "There's, from what I can tell, two boys. But I can't tell the third,"

"W-why were you sorry?" I mumbled.

"Because you are going to have to go on bedrest in about a week. And I believe you don't actually live here in New Zealand?" I nodded. "You're going to have to go back to America. You can't fly for much longer,"

As we left the clinic, neither of us said a word except for when Brian took my hand.

"I'm coming home with you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if thats the right way to have an ultrasound, but you'll live :P

XxX_Numb_XxX