Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Seventeen

It took four seconds; four seconds after Zacky said that something happened. Brian nodded and took my hand, muttering various things about how we were gonna go tonight, and how he doesn't need the band when he has a family. We went into one of the bedrooms where Leana was trying to keep Aedan entertained while he said 'Da' over and over, and tried to wiggle from her arms. Meanwhile Scotty just sat there, until he saw everything appeared okay, then he hugged Brian.

"I'm okay, Bud. Why don't you go pick up your toys and things, okay?" Brian suggested, nodding Scotty released his Dad and went to do as he was asked.

"What's happened?" Leana asked, handing Aedan to Brian. Both the boys have grown more and more attatched to Brian with the amount of time he's been spending with them, and me. "I was expecting a fight,"

"I, um, got kicked out of the band," Brian answered, simply. "We're going home, tonight. Or as soon as the next flight we can get on is,"

"I'm gonna kill Zack..." Leana stormed out. Sighing Brian kissed Aedan's chubby cheek, and smoothed down his soft strawberry blonde hair.

"Love you, Aedan," He coeed, kissing him again. Aedan began rambling things we didn't understand, but Brian agreed to them anyway and made up a converstation to it. I began picking up our clothes, and stuffing them into the suitcases we had.

"Do we have other things on the bus?" I asked, scratching the top of my belly.

"Yeah, I'll get them. You sit down, okay? I don't want you stressing," He left carrying our son while I sat on our bed, and put my aching feet up for awhile.

"Mum?" Scotty asked, stepping in cautiously. "Are we going home?"

"Yeah,"

"Why?"

"Zacky is being silly. He made Daddy and I upset,"

"Did he make you cry?" His cheeks turned red, he was angry. That's a small trait he got from his father, always getting protective.

"No, it's okay Scotty," I lay down, closing my eyes and drifted off into a peacful sleep. Then I felt myself being woken up by Brian gently shaking me, and letting me know he was packed. "Did you get a flight time?"

"There's one in the morning, at seven. But I got us a room at the airport hotel, so you don't have to wake up too early," He helped me sit up, then to my feet. I carried Aedan on my hip while Scotty was walking with his backpack on his back. I looked at Zacky as he sat there, staring blankly at the televion; not really caring to say 'goodbye' to us.

"Did you get everything off the bus?" I asked.

"Yeah, and all the suitcases are in the taxi which is waiting for us. Don't worry, Anna,"

"I'm not worried," I defended, as we stepped out of the lobby.

"Sure you aren't," I put Aedan in the car seat, buckling him in then hoping in next to him. "Did you wanna sit in the front?"

"No, I'm okay,"

"There's more room at the front. C'mon, I'll sit in the back,"

"You sure?" He nodded, and helped me out then into the front seat.

"Let's go,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Blah, short, but there'll be a few shorties XD

XxX_Numb_XxX