Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Nineteen

"I got the mail," Brian muttered, holding up a pile of letters. "Fan, fan, bill, fan, wife, bill-"

"W-wife?"

"Oh, shit. Yeah," He beamed. "I has a letter from you," He kissed me cheek, and I cringed. He tore the letter off, and read the letter, then raised his eyebrow. "That was kinda, well, cryptic,"

"M'hm," I felt tears rise in my eyes, causing them to burn. He pulled the divorce papers out, and opened them. Brian glanced over them, and lowered his hands so they were by his side.

"You were going to divorce me? I thought we were okay, again," He sighed, I could hear the anger in his voice. "Fine, guess I'll sign them,"

"No, don't," I begged, taking his hand. "I was angry, and I didn't know I was pregnant when I sent them,"

"So you're only with me for the babies?" He wasn't angry anymore, just hurt. "I left the band, I lost my best friend; and you don't even love me?"

"I do love you," I cried, he pulled his arm from my grasp. "I do. Please believe me,"

"I can't. You've lied to me-"

"I've lied to you?" I yelled. "Sorry who was out fucking other people while I raised our son?"

"I-"

"Who only made it to Aedan's birth intime for the last push from a sixty-two hour labour?"

"I-"

"Who lied to-"

"I fucking did! Yet I've done everything I can to make you understand how much I love you,"

"I know you're trying Brian, and I'm sorry I sent them," Some tears fell out of my eyes and he wiped them away. His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me close to him, I buried my head in his neck and sobbed.

"I love you," Brian's voice cracked and I knew he was crying. "I'm sorry. I am so fucking sorry,"

"So am I. I love you, too,"

"Can we make things work, not just for the kids, but for us?" I nodded, and kissed his slightly chaped lips. "Good. Now lets burn those papers. Yeah?"

"Sounds good," I grinned, taking his hand and leading him to the sink. Where, true to his word, he lit the corner and watched them burn. I felt as though a part of me was getting past the fact he cheated on me, lied to me; but I'd never forget what he did.

The hurt he caused me and Scotty was unbearable, but I genuiny knew he was turning into a better person.

But how long could this last for?

Bliss isn't meant to last forever, I knew that. But I still had to believe that he was becoming a better man.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chaper is in answe to fazedmemories' question.

She hasn't forgiven as such, but she want's to be with him more then anything.

XxX_Numb_XxX