Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Twenty One

"I-I..."

"Yes, she does," Brian answered. The doctor looked at me, to check that was my answer. I just nodded, either way the babies mightn't make it, at least this way we'll see them. Some nurses took Aedan and Scotty to a Nursery where we were assured they'd be okay, then I was taken to theature prepertion.

"Are you sure there's no one we can call?" A doctor asked.

"I'm sure," I sighed. Once I was prepared, and Brian was wearing some unattractive clean suit thing, I was taken into the surgery. They numbed me up, then before I could do anything I felt a weight being placed on my belly, which I assumed meant they'd started.

"You okay?" Brian asked, from the stool he was sitting on, next to my head. He ran his hand down my arm and took my hand, then used the other to play with my hair.

"Fine," He kept looking in my eyes, until I felt something being lifted from me. There was a soft cry, then I saw one baby being carried to a crib.

"That was a boy," The doctor said. She was wearing a mask over her face, so I couldn't see her mouth move. Which made the concept of her talking slightly weird.

"What do you want to call him?" Brian asked me, trying to destract me from the lack of cries from our son.

"Is he okay?" I worried, as I could hear talk from the nurses and doctor's surrounding him. "Please tell me," I pleaded. One machine attatched to me started beeping like crazy, and I felt sweat tricking down my forehead.

"Mrs Hanar, we need you to calm down," The doctor said, Brian began whispering calm things in my ear, and an oxygen thing was put over my face. "Alright, her blood pressure's stable. We can proceed,"

"What should we call him, hm?" I looked to my husband as he asked me, I shrugged. "What about Connah?"

"Connah James?" He nodded, and kissed my forehead.

"Do we have a name?" A nurse asked, holding our sons file.

"Connah James Haner," Brian said, with a faint smile.

"There's baby boy number two," He was so much smaller.

"He's tiny, get him on a rapid infuser," I began crying, I couldn't help it.

"Daniel Elwin Hanar," I sobbed to Brian who nodded and told the doctor so she could put that on his file.

"And baby boy number three is- holy crap..." She muttered, and Brian looked up to her.

"I-is he d-dead?" Brian's voice broke, and tears flowed down his face as they lifted up our son and put him in a crib followed by another baby. "That's four, we're only having thee - one isn't ours, there's been a mistake..."

"And that's a girl,"

"Brian, we have our girl," I cried a little, but soon felt light headed. My eyes forced themselves close then all I could hear was distant machine's beeping, and Brian calling my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Six kids all up!!!!
Yeah, they had quads, not triplets.
Bahaha.
Don't know why I was inspired to do that, but I did.

XxX_Numb_XxX