Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Twenty Three

Three day's after I gave birth, I was in tears, not because I'd lost a baby, but because I was emotionally exhausted. Mum and Dad couldn't come and see me, they were busy with work, Val and Zacky weren't able to leave until the tour was over which wasn't for another few days and I felt so alone. Sure, Brian was there with me, all the time; but I still felt like it was he and I trying to do this on our own. There wasn't anyone who could help with getting Scotty to school, Aedan needed to go to daycare; and I needed to try to be there for all six of my children and my husband.

But the good thing was that, so far, the babies were looking good. Connah would be able to go home in about a week, he was doing really well, but the other's would be about another month or so. I'd been released, and Brian had been busy at work with the nursery, we had to get more things and finish the painting before they came home.

"Why don't we go shopping?" Brian suggested, opening the bare looking pantry. I looked nervously to the phone, I always worried that they'd call from the hospital and I wouldn't answer, because I wasn't home. "Babe, they have both our mobile numbers,"

"Um, alright," I stood up, gently, and changed into some more comfortable clothes, and pulled of low black converse to go with the black capris. We took our mobiles, which I made sure were fully charges, before we finally got to the supermarket.

And while we were out, I smiled at the fact that Brian pulled me into a clothes shop where baby clothes lines the walls, shoes were piled up ten-high and furniture was spread out.

"We should buy some stuff for them," Brian whispered in my ear, from behind me as I looked at clothes. We chose various things for the boys, and Brian gloated at all the little girl things, he ended up spending more then me on just Riley which, for the first time in days, made me laugh.

By the time we actually got into the supermarket, I wanted to go home already, or go see the babies, but I knew I had to grocery shop. Brian pushed the trolley around while we filled it up to the point of us getting a second one and also making that overflow a little.

"Anyone would think we were feeding an army," Brian laughed, putting things onto the conveyer belt. I agreed and began packing the bags back into the trolley, when I heard my phone in my pocket ring.

Before I did anything else, I answered it, "Hello?"

"Anna, it's Val," She yelled, clearly in a loud area. "Where are you?

"Grocery shopping. You?"

"We've cancelled the rest of the tour, we're all coming home,"

Suddenly I felt alright, I wasn't alone anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it was longer then it is :(
Sorry

I have a new story up, it's called Earthquake

Comment on it? *puppy eyes*

Thanks,
XxX_Numb_XxX