Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Twenty Five

"Where Daddy?" Aedan asked as I bathed him. For a one year old he was rather alert that something was missing.

I sighed, "He's gone out,"

"Daddy home?" I shook my head gently and poured the water down his back a little to get the soap suds off. "Why?"

"Daddy's visiting Jim Jim," I told him, reffering to Jimmy. Aedan nodded and went back to playing with all his little toys that occupied the bath tub. Once he was clean I got him dressed in his bedroom before placing him near Scotty as they watched Toy Story together while dinner was being eaten. I leaned against the kitchen bench, being a mother to six children all needed my help to do most things, was exhausting and Brian had only been gone for two hours.

That's when it hit me like a tonne of bricks, Brian was gone. He didn't live in this big house anymore, he didn't want to be near me.

"Scotty, keep an eye on Aedan. I'm gonna go make a phone call, okay?" He nodded, and I dialed my brother's number.

"Hello?"

"Matty, it's me,"

My brother chuckled, "And who is 'me'?"

"You're little sister. Matt I need some help,"

"Hey, what's wrong?"

As I lay down on the bed, placing my head on Brians pillow all I could smell was him which made my tears uncontrollable.

"He, he, left me," I sobbed. "He packed his things, and left,"

"Brian?" His voice became firm, he, like Zacky, was very protective of me. "Where is he?"

"Matt," I sighed. "Don't try to fight him, kay? Can you just come over? Please?"

"On my way," Matt informed me, then I heard him telling someone the background he needed to come over, then Zacky yell something like 'Brian left her!?'.

I barely had any time to gather my thoughts before Riley began crying. Quickly I gathered myself, inside the nursery Riley was crying, I picked her up and soothed her; but her crying started a chain reaction of the others waking up and balling their eyes out. Soon I had all four of them screaming at the top of their lungs.

"Shh," I cried. "Please stop crying," I pleaded, tears rolling down my cheecks and finding the corner of my mouth.

"Anna?" Matt came into the nursery, took one look at what had happened, and picked up Connah, to soothe him. Then Zacky came in and took Daniel into his arms, while Johnny shocked me by taking Zach.

Once they were all asleep again, Zacky took my hand and led me to the living room, where he made me sit down. Johnny took it upon himself to get Aedan and Scotty into their own beds, giving Matt and Zacky time to ask me what was going on.

I answered all of their questions, and by the end of an hour, they knew everything there was to know.

"I'm going to murder that son-of-a-bitch," Zacky growled, his fists balling up, and turning bright red.

"Anna, they're all asleep," Johnny informed me. "Except for Aedan. He keeps on asking for Brian,"

I looked at Johnny to see Aedan crying a little, and muttering 'Dada' over and over again.

"Just put him to bed, he'll go to sleep,"

"But-"

"God, just do it, Johnny," I demanded.

"Fine," He muttered. "I'll take him to Brian, then,"

"You will do no such thing," I told him, standing up.

"You and Brian might be breaking up, or whatever, but don't let your kid suffer for it,"

And for once, Johnny said something smart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, not so proud of that chapter :[

XxX_Numb_XxX