Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Three

Holding Aedan in my arms I tried calling Brian's number, only for it to ring out for the tenth time. Angrily I slammed the home phone on the bench, causing Aedan to stir and let out a small cry before going back to sleep.

"Mum, I thought Dad was gonna be back for dinner," Scotty complained.

"I know, I thought he would too," I began getting things out of the cupboard and fridge for dinner. "But we can make it, together,"

"Don't worry, about it. I'm gonna colour in," He slid off his chair and went to his bedroom, closing it the door gently.

"I'm home," Brian called loudly through the house, Aedan woke up and cried loudly. "Ooops,"

"Yeah, you know what you'll be saying that again in a minute," I spat, Brian raised his eyebrows and shrugged.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're an hour late, now Scotty is sitting in his room colouring in. He hates colouring in,"

"He does?"

"The point is you've let him down, twice today," I yelled over Aedan's crying.

"Calm down, Anna," Brian pleaded, I shook my head and started to try to soothe our littlest child.

"You'd better fix this, Brian," I warned him.

"Okay, I will. I promise,"

"Don't promise things, you never keep them anyway," Sighing he went into Scotty's room, as I got Aedan to calm down Brian came back without Scotty. "Good job Brian, you fixed that well,"

"Shutup," He muttered, I shook my head and put Aedan into his bed then went back to the kitchen to start dinner. "I'll do it," I ignored him, and kept on cutting up the vegetables. "I said I'd do it,"

"You say alot of things, Brian. Doesn't mean you'll do them," I flinched and dropped the knife as it sliced my finger, blood poured from it. "Fuck," Quickly I took a tea towel, wrapping it around my finger and applying pressure.

"Anna, are you alright?" I nodded, but he didn't belive me and took the towel off. "Oh, shit,"

"Does it need stitches?"

"I don't think so, but I wanna check anyway," Suddenly Brian wasn't the husband who was cheating on me, he was the husband protecting me. "I'll get the boys ready, and call your brother. Do you think he can look after them for the night?"

"Night? Brian it's only my finger-"

"Yeah, but it's already seven. The hospital is never quick to get people seen,"

"Scotty has school tommorow-"

"I'm sure Zacky can get him ready," Brian grinned. "Stop trying to avoid the hospital,"

"Stop trying to avoid your family, then,"

"Stop trying to turn every situation around on me,"

"Stop trying to deny you're never home,"

"I'm not denying it," He muttered. "And I'd like to promise that's gonna change. But like you said, I never keep my promises,"

He'd pretty much just said, "I'm having too much fun cheating on you to change,"

"I'm going to get Aedan ready," Before he could say something in an attempt to 'fix' yet another fight between us, I was packing a bag for my son and carrying him to the car while Scotty questioned Brian about why we were going to Zacky's.

"Daddy I don't want to go to Uncle Zacky's," Scotty whined, Brian knealed infront of him.

"Why not? You love going there, usually,"

"But I don't want to stay the night there," Scotty started to cry, I buckled Aedan into the car then joined Brian in the same position on the ground. "Uncle Zacky laughs at people when they do silly things. What if I w-wet the bed again?"

"I'll tell Zacky not to, and make sure he helps you if you do. Okay?" Brian kissed Scotty's head. "Love you mate,"

"Love you too, Dad,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for thevenom comments.

Haha.

XxX_Numb_XxX