Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Six

"Anna, I want you to tell me about you," Doctor Lee asked, smiling. "I understand you had a child when you were nineteen?"

"Um, yeah. I got pregnant by my now husband, we had a little boy who Brian named Scotty. We got married when I was seven months pregnant. We also have a three month old son, Aedan,"

"And you're twenty five now?"

"Yeah,"

"What does your husband do for a living?"

"He play's guitar in a band,"

"Like a garage band?"

"No, they're signed to a major label," Awkwardly I looked around the room, it was medium sized with dull yellow walls and framed photo's on them.

"Would I know them at all?" I sighed, hating answering this question.

"Aveneged Sevenfold,"

"My daughter listens to them. I believe she likes someone called Zack Revenge, or something,"

"That's my big brother," I smiled. "Zacky is incredible, he help's me so much. Mum and Dad live in New York, so they can't help,"

"Help with what?"

"Well when Brian goes out for the day, I can't look after both the kids by myself and still run the house,"

"Where does Brian go?" By the look in her eyes I knew Doctor Lee had a fair idea what Brian was doing, but I couldn't admit it.

"He hangs out with the other band memebers, other friends," I lied.

"Oh, okay," She grinned. "Do you ever ask him to stay home?"

"Yeah," I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "I do,

"Here," She handed me the box of tissues, I took a few and wiped my eyes. "What does he say when you ask?"

"Well he knows that he's never home, but he doesn't want to change," I sighed as I realised I'd ruined my eye makeup. "Shit,"

"It's okay, Anna. I don't think a single lady has come in here and kept her makeup in tact," I smiled, feeling a little better. "Anna, I don't think that you're suidical like your Doctor last night did,"

"Awsome,"

"So I'm not going to make you come back here. But if you ever do want to, don't hesistate to give me a call,"

I thanked her very much and paid at the receptionist before finding the bathroom to put my makeup back on. Leaving the building I realised that I'd just ended up making myself feel worse about it, and upon getting into my car the cell phone in my right pocket began calling.

"Anna speaking," I put my key's in the ignition, and waited. "Anyone there?"

"Uh, I'm looking for Brian,"

"Oh," I looked at the phone, I'd accidently taken his. "He's just busy at the moment, can I get him to call you later?"

"Yeah, that'd be great. Just let him know it's Lucy, from last night and he has my number,"

"Alright. Bye," Tears of red hot rage rose in my eyes, it was one thing knowing that he was cheating on me but when you hearing the voice of one of the women he is sleeping with is worse then I thought. Sitting back in my chair I looked out the window, there was a pub right there so I got out and went in.

"What can I get you?" The lady behind the counter asked, a big smile plastered across her face.

"Just a beer," I answered, then waited for her to get it. As I did a man a little older then me stood beside me, leaning against the bar.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

Shaking my head I answered, "I'm married," Then it struck me, did Brian say that to any of the ladies he spoke to at pubs?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," He blushed a little. "I'm gonna go this way," Scratching his black hair, he walked away.

"Here you go," The lady held out the beer, as I looked at her I couldn't take it.

"Uh, I've gotta go. How much do I need to pay?"

"Nothing, Dear. Don't worry about it,"

Before she could change her mind, I got in my car and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can I get some feedback?

Please?

XxX_Numb_XxX