Sequel: Alone This Holiday

Better Man

Chapter Eight

Just as I'd thought, when I woke up Brian's tattooed arm was wrapped around me, and his head was right next to mind. His breath keeping the back of my neck warm, as the rest of me was in a cold sweat. My head ached, throat burned, and I could tell I was running a fever.

Trying desperatly to squirm out of Brian's death grip only made him tighten it.

"Brian," I complained, he stirred and one eye opened.

"I'm going back to sle- Why're you cold, and warm and wet?" Brian sat up instantly, feeling my forehead. "Aw, you're really sick,"

"I think it's just the flu," I answered, sitting up. "I'll be fine after a shower,"

"You sure?" Nodding I got out of the bed, and climbed into the shower across the hall from our room. The steam of the hot shower cause me to break into dry coughs that made my lungs, chest and sides ache even more.

Surrendering I just sat in the shower, leaned up against the wall until there was a knock at the door.

"Anna? You okay, Babe? It's been nearly half-an-hour," He opened the door to the bathroom, and then the shower door. "You alright?"

"No," I muttered. "I feel so sick, Brian. And I was fine yesterday," Brian picked up a bathtowel and wrapped it around me, then sat in the now turned off shower with me.

"Let's get you dry and dressed, okay? I'll take Scotty to school, then go to the chemist and see what I can get you,"

"Thank you," He smiled and helped me up off the floor, making sure the towel was around me as he lead me to the bedroom.

"Do you need help getting dressed?" I shook my head, no. "Just yell if you need me,"

As I got dressed into some tracksuit pants and a singlet top, all I could think about was how Brian goes from being the cheating bastard of a husband, to someone who cares about me and tries to hard to be the best husband. All he ever did was lie to me, but I still love him.

When Brian got back home he was holding a thermometre, and a bottle of medicine.

"We don't have one, at the moment, so I bought one," He told me, holding the thermometre. "And I bought you some yummy medicine," I smiled, but that was shortly lived as one of the most painful coughing fits overtook my body. Brian sat next to me, taking my hand and rubbing my back soothingly.

"Shh, just get it up," A few tears rolled down my face, and when I stopped coughing I moved my hand to see mucas with some blood in it. "Oh my God,"

"Brian," I sobbed, he picked up his mobile and dialed a number. I just sat there looking at my hand, while there wasn't alot of blood even I know that coughing up blood is a bad sign.

"Zack, Anna's sick, and I need to take her to the hospital now. Can you come over please?" Brian said in one breath. "Ten minutes? Thanks," Brian hung up, then put his hand on my forehead. "Why're you suddenly getting so sick?" I could hear the worry in his voice, along with fear.

"Is Zacky coming?" I asked, Brian took my hand and wiped it clean with the bath towel that was still on the floor.

"Yeah, he's gonna look after Aedan," Brian helped me to my feet, but my knee's collapsed from underneath me and my eyes forced themselves closed as darkness over took me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sick today so there's gonna be hopefully a few updates.

XxX_Numb_XxX