The Letter Says Don't Jump

Chapter 13

Elena's POV

"Elena. Stop being so difficult!"

"I'm not being difficult! I'm just doing something that is right for once."

"How is letting Bill drown in his own sorrows exactly the right thing for you to do?"

"He has his duties as a father now. Elena is going to be born soon and... Urrrggghhh! You get what I mean!"

"Well, I don't Elena! And Elena? You have got to be kidding me!"

"Just shut up. You're just jealous that no one names their babies after a whory whore like you."

"Common Elena! The concerts are messed up because Bill stopped singing Spring Nicht half way and went backstage and cried himself dry! Don't you have any sympathy for him? He's your boyfriend! Your future husband we're talking about here!"

"What about me? Don't you think it sucks finding out that Bill has a child on the way?" I snaped, looking at Tom who only sighed in defeat.

"And besides, he only disruptted the concert once." I rolled my eyes, my back leaning against the wall.

"Yeah. Like you know. It's never was just once, Elena. Never. He comes out to do the show, pretending to be happy but as soon as we play Spring Nicht, he crumples and breaks. Do you think I like seeing my brother like that?" Tom said, eyes as dead as zombies.

"I've been with him since we were born, even when we woke up naked beside each other by mistake, I still was there. I've never seen him like this before. Why are you doing this to him?"

I didn't know what to say. I was speechless and it's quite a rare thing for me to be speechless when I'm with Tom.

"Just give him one more chance. I know he didn't mean to do it. It must be a mistake." Tom looked at me with pleading eyes.

He wants his twin brother to be happy. I can see that it's killing him slowly inside but I couldn't...

"Just give him one more chance Elena. He wouldn't even talk to me and I don't even know what's going on in his head anymore. I'm afraid that I'll lose him. If he dies, then I will too. You know that."

"I'm... Can you just leave?" I said half-heartedly.

I hate seeing him like this! It's ripping into bits and pieces of torn, burned up weird paper stuff.

"Fine. I will. But. If anything happens to Bill, I'll never forgive you." Tom sneered witha look of seriousness plastered on his face.

Before I knew it, a loud bang from the door filled the quiet air in my house.

I hold back my tears before slowly letting my butt slid down to meet the hard, cold floor.

Why is it so hard?

Why?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom's POV

"Get over her, Bill! She doesn't care anymore!" I flipped as soon as I stepped into our room.

I was pissed. I was very pissed. How heartless can she get?

She's willing to let Bill suffer just because of one mistake?

"Just shut up. You don't know what's going on..." Bill whispered, just loud enough for me to hear and grumble.

"But look at you! She's messing you up! And when she does that, you're messing the concerts up! What's up man?"

"The sky, the sun."

"Snap out of it Bill!!" I shouted before giving him a nasty punch on his cheeks.

Do something you idiot! Punch me back or slap me or just... Do something!

He just took it as if I did nothing. Not a glare or a reaction. He just stared at the ceiling before a tear slipped from his eyes.

He's gone. He cracked.

I just shook my head, sad, depressed, angry, anything. I feel like a mess.

I stood up and headed for the door before he finally made a sound.

"It was an accident... No. It was never an accident. It was my fault..." He whimpered, trying to hold back sobs that were threatening to escape.

"Bill, just tell me what happened..."

"I killed Ana, not Emily. I spiked her drink, not Emily. I was scared so Emily made me an offer. I know it was a stupid offer but I was 13! I was fucking shit scared out of my pants!"

I listened to his words, slowly and carefully.

"And I admit, I did cheat on Elena on the first three months that we were together but Emily threatened to tell Elena my secret. I was afraid that Elena would leave me if she knew so I just had to do it but I got sick of it and left Emily. I knew it was stupid. Just tell me I'm stupid Tom. Just tell me that..." He cried before I hugged him.

It's been a long time since me and Bill were like this.

It hurt so much to see him so broken like shattered mirrors. I felt like a part of me was dying, fading slowly.

"You're not stupid, Bill. You never were. I promise that everything's going to be ok. Just don't do anything stupid. I don't want to lose you. You promised me that we're going to die together. I'll be there here no matter what happens."

And I intend to keep that promise...