Destiny That Awaits

Chapter 16

Mazelina's POV

I couldn't stop staring at my plate. The thoughts are still running through my head. What if he meant what he said? Who is the other person? Why them? I mean like wh--

"Lina? Are you ok?" Bill whispered to me, causing me to jumped a little.

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine." I replied as I took a bite from my plate.

I just sat there, forcing myself to swallow my food but I couldn't take it anymore.

"Nein. I'm not hungry. Excuse me." I said as I took my plate to the kitchen and went to the bathroom.

I went in, not remembering to lock the door. I stared in the mirror and studied myself. I looked at the girl who was covered with thick eyeliner around her eyes. I just stared and finally, I turned the tap on and washed all my make-up away. Then , I took another look and smiled. This time, I see me. Tears slowly formed in my eyes and it wasn't long before they slowly ran down my cheeks. I have no idea why I'm crying. I just am.

"Lina?"

I turned to find Natalia standing at the bathroom door. I immediately wiped my tears with my sleeves and washed my face. She then came behind me and hugged me from behind.

"Hey, is there anything wrong? If there is, I'm wiling to listen." She asked.

"No thanks. I'm fine. I promise." I said as I turned to face her and smile.

"You sure?"

I just nodded to assure her that everything was fine before both of us went back to the dining table. I figured that Dad must have sensed me crying for when I sat down, he went to my table and kissed my temple.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be all right." He whispered in my ears, causing me to smile.

"Who's up for dessert?" Aunt Sadie asked.

"We are!" All of us except me exclaimed as none could resist Aunt Sadie's Chocolate Pudding.

All of us laugh and my eyes caught Bill looking at me. He smiled and the next thing I did shock him, even myself. I smiled warmly back at him and I couldn't help but laugh a bit when I saw his expression of happiness.

After supper, dad invited the twins to stay overnight as it was too late and the twins looked tired.

"Girls, you'll sleep in Lia's room and boys, you'll sleep in Lina's room." Dad said.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Can I sleep in my own room? I don't mind sharing it but can I sleep in my own room?" I asked.

I really need my room right now. Ever since the Tom incident, I felt weird. I feel as if I have no mood to do anything and... I just need my room. Dad looked at me with angry eyes for a moment.

"Um, Dad? I don't mind sleeping at Mazlina's room. The twins could sleep in my room." She said smiling as I notice Dad's eyes began to soften.

"Ok then. Wash up and get to bed aite." Dad said before going to me and hugging me.

"I don't know what he said to you but I love you no matter what happens. Aunt Sadie told me evrything." He whispered in my ears.

I just smiled and let go of him before saying thank you to Natalia.

I love Natalia. Even though she's a pain in the butt sometimes, she's the greatest sister I could ever ask for.

********

Currently layin beside Natalia staring up at the ceiling. For the past 2 hours, I couldn't drift off to Lala Land. I just couldn't sleep and I was desperate to go outside but I refrained myself from doing that because I didn't want to wake Natalia up.

Another hour had past. What time is it again? 2.45am? I tossed and turned and finally, desperation took over me as I got up and headed for the backyard. It's weird but I like the backyard. Even back at Aunt Sadie's house, I love the backyard. I stepped outside only to be hit by the beutiful cold air. I just stood there, with my hands around me as I slowly sang to words of the song of 'Broken' by Evanesence.

I smiled a little singing to that song because it's been a while since I've thought of or sing that song. That song always reminds me of Bill. How I miss him... I slowly sat laid down on the grass and stared at the stars.

"And I don't feel right when you're gone away..." I sang the last sentence before closing my eyes.

"The worst is over now and we can breathe again..."

I opened my eyes to find Bill lying down beside me.

"Hi." I said, still keeping my eyes at the sky.

"Hi. How are you?" He asked as he took my hand and I graciously accept it.

"I'm fine. You?"

"I feel terrible. My life's incomplete without you in it..."

"Very funny. You don't seemed that way in your interviews, DVDs."

"I thought you hated us."

"I did." I sighed.

"Then?"

"Natalia watches you all the time and I sometimes watch it with her to keep me entertain."

"Oh. But really, I miss you."

I rest my head on his shoulder as my grip on his hands grew tighter.

"I miss you too, Bill. I miss you sooo much. I couldn't live everyday without a smile and I've been unsure, sad ever since you were not there in my life. I miss you sooo much." I said as I hugged him.

"I miss you too Mazelina. I miss you too." He replied, kissing my temple.

For that whole night, we just laid there, talking and just laughing like old days. I guess I don't hate him. I guess I missed him all this years. I'm glad he's back.