Status: Slightly slowly active

Summer Girl, Forever Chase

Chapter 11

Courtney wasn't lying when she told me that I'd end up alone in the park with Amanda. I didn't mind the silence though, it was way more comfortable than awkward.

"Well it looks like they left us alone." I said.

"Haha yea, I guess so." She smiled at me as I returned the action and took her hand.

"C'mon," I said, "lets go home."

As we were walking home, I realized that Courtney gave me this opportunity to get to know Amanda better, and that I should probably take it.

"So, besides from what Courtney told me earlier, I don't really know you."

"Likewise." She laughed.

"Hahaha. How about we use this walk home to get to know each other?"

"Okay, well what would you like to know?"

"Well what would you like to tell me?"

"Okay, well for starters, my name is Amanda Jane Rosco, I-"

"Hahahahahahaha."

"What's so funny?"

"Amanda Jane?" She blushed.

"Hey my name is awesome, and like you have a better one?"

That shut me up. Amanda Jane was a beautiful name, mine was drawn to laughter. Apparently she noticed my silence and began to fill it with giggles.

"What's so funny?" I mimicked. She stuck her tongue out at me, causing me to laugh with her.

"Is your name really that bad?" Silence.

"C'mon, you know I won't laugh."

"Oh believe me, everyone does."

"Well how bad can it be?" I sighed in defeat.

"William Eugene Beckett Jr." I said while allowing my hatred for that name to show.

Silence.

"That's it?" I nodded.

"Wow. Well that's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be."

"Really?"

"Yea, totally. I mean, imagine if it was like Maryann Eugene Beckett VIII. Now that, my friend, would be subject to a name change."

I thought for a moment.

"Yea, I guess you're right. My name could be worse."

"It most definitely could." She laughed.

"So, before I rudely interrupted, you were saying?"

"Um... Oh yea. I'm an only child, my parents are divorced, I live with my dad because the court thinks my mom is 'unstable,' even though that's complete bull." Amanda paused before beginning again.

"I was born in a small town in New York called Little Falls, I love Green Day and think they are one of the best things since sliced bread."

"Haha, am I one of the best things too?"

"Hehehe. But of course." We both laughed at our stupid and lame randomness.

"Well, what else should I know?"

"Um... My favorite color is green, I love bananas, my favorite animals are squirrels, and my birthday is January 1."

"What year?"

"1985."

"I hate you." I joked.

"Haha," She laughed as she figured out what I meant, "when's your?"

"February 11, 1985."

"Ha! I'm a month and ten days older!"

"Big whoop."

"Yes, 'big whoop!' I have a month's more of life experience." I laughed

"I'll show you 'life experience' Amanda Jane Rosco!"

I chased her down the street as she yelled at me to stop.

"William Eugene Beckett Jr., you can't chase me!"

"Oh, and why is that?"

"Because I don't know where I'm going!" I took this into consideration and then decided to stop.

"Lucky for you, I care if I make you get lost." She smiled.

"So you like squirrels?"

"Mhm."

"Ew. Why? They're creepy."

"Uh! They're not creepy,"She argued while playfully punching my arm, "they're just misunderstood."

I chuckled one more time as we reached our destination.

"After you madame." I said while opening the door to my house.

"Thank you sir." She smiled at me and I realized how much I was truly starting to like this girl.

As we walked in, we noticed my bandmates and sister all sprawled out across the living room floor, apparently asleep. Amanda and I then went our separate ways to go get changed, and then met again in the living room. Finally, we were all ready to go to sleep on the floor.

"Goodnight William." Amanda said from right besides me.

"Goodnight."

And as I tried to go to sleep that night, I couldn't help but replay the events of the day and smile at these scenes. This was by far the best day of my life, so far, and I wasn't going to forget it anytime soon. And as for Amanda?

Well she was something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone know how to make a word a link?

And tell me if you like the chapter please!

xoxo
LessonNumber1

YAY FOR DOUBLE-DIGIT CHAPTERS XD