Status: Slightly slowly active

Summer Girl, Forever Chase

Chapter 3

I didn't know what to make of Courtney's call. In fact, my mind didn't even think about it. It didn't think about anything. I was in a daze, almost hypnotized I guess, as I reached the neighbors' house. And this time, Courtney wasn't here to snap me out of it, the doorbell was. I hadn't even noticed that I pushed the button until the bell rang through my ears. But the bell just made me aware of my surroundings, what truely snapped me out was the man who answered the door. He had to be at least 6'3" and even though I was pretty dang tall myself, he still found a way to tower over me. This man was incredibly well-built, and his face just screamed terror. I was intimidated.

"Can I help you?" He asked. His voice was low, but it sent a roll of shivers down my spine.

"I-uh... um," I stuttered. Way to think first Bill, I thought.

"Um. Hi. I'm William Beckett. I'm looking for my sister Courtney, she came-"

"Yea, she's upstairs with Amanda. You can just go on up." He then walked away, leaving me standing in the doorway.

"Uh... thank you."

I then began to cautiously step into the house, closing the door behind me. Half-filled boxes and belongings cluttered my view. By the looks of it, they had a lot of unpacking to do, but it looked pretty good seeing as they just moved in today.

I quickly found the stairs and practically flew up them, tripping a couple of times due to my speed. When I was on the second floor, I found myself at another clueless end. There had to be at least five doors, which one was Amanda's?

Before I had time to guess, the door at the far-right end of the hallway opened to reveal the most absolutely gorgeous female I have ever seen. In fact, if I didn't remember waking up this morning, I would have sworn I was still dreaming. Why else would I be in my new neighbors' house with their really, really, ridiculously good-looking daughter? Seriously. She had light brown hair, almost blondish, and was about 5'6"-5'7". Her eyes were the most incredible shade of blue, and her skin had a radiant glow to it.

However, my dream crashed into a nightmare when, who I'm guessing's Amanda, saw me standing there, and with wide eyes, she swiflty closed the door. I just stood there, frozen in place, my mind not comprehending what just happened.

"No! That's not a stranger that's Bill!"

Courtney's scream echoed through the hallway, and if I wasn't used to it, I'd have jumped a mile back. And as soon as that sentence was out in the open, as swiftly as it closed, the door re-opened. But this time to reveal Courtney with Amanda standing behind her, startled.

"Ughh." In one quick movement, Courtney stepped into the hallway and pulled me into the room, with Amanda closing the door once we were inside. Courtney then pushed me into a chair and the two girls sat on the floor. An awkward silence soon developed, but was almost instantly broken.

"So, Bill, this is Amanda, she's our new neighbor, is seventeen, just moved here from New York with her dad, and loves Green Day. Amanda, this is Bill, he's my brother, your new neighbor, the lead singer of The Academy Is..., he's eighteen, and loves The Smashing Pumpkins."

Amanda and I looked at each other, she gave a small smile and wave. I returned the smile.

"Nice to meet you Amanda."

"Likewise... so, you're in a band?"

"Yea, The Academy Is..., I sing... and write."

"Really? That's amazing! I'd love to watch you guys sometime."

Her tone of voice made me look up. She sounded fascinated, but she looked way more excited. Her eyes held a sparkle that I've never seen in anyone before, and her smile was genuine, pure. No one ever acts like that when I talk about The Academy Is...

"Aw! Bilvy's blushing!"

I glared at Courtney even though I did feel my face getting warm. But I never blush. Luckily, I was saved by the bell... or ring.

"Hey Sisky," I said while picking up my phone.

"Hey Bill. Listen, me and the Butcher are bored, wanna practice?"

"Uh, sure."

"Okay, I'll call up the Michaels. Meet you at your place."

We hung up, and as Courtney gave me a questioning look, an idea suddenly popped in my head.

"So, you still wanna hear TAI?" I directed this question to Amanda, with a smirk plastered on my face. She nodded anxiously.

"What about now?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Chapter 3 =D A little long, well at least when I wrote it, it was four pages... =]

The rest of TAI is in the next chapter.
This one is for Mikey Way's birthday! Happy 28th Mikey! =D
Comments?

xoxo
LessonNumber1