Status: Slightly slowly active

Summer Girl, Forever Chase

Chapter 5

Band practice was long over and the only people remaining were me and the guys. Courtney and Amanda decided to have a sleep-over at our place, so that's probably where they were now.

"You know, if I do say so myself, that was the best practice we've had by far." Sisky said in a voice of satisfaction.

"Yea it was," Michael agreed, "Bill, you were really in the zone today."

"Thanks."

It was true, I was in the zone today. I mean, I just sang with so much of me heart and soul even though I don't know why. I just did and it felt really good. Amazing actually. I gave it my all today and I'm proud that I did.

"So, why were you in the zone today? I mean, you're always great Bill, but today was... wow." Ughh. Leave it to Mike to bring up this subject. Remind me to takle him for it later.

The rest of the guys mumbled agreements and asked the same question.

"Uhh..." I thought of an excuse for a second even though I wasn't sure why I needed one. "Um... I don't know, I just wanted Amanda to have a good first impression of TAI."

Luckily, that was true and almost everyone believed me. Almost.

"Haha. I don't think so. You wanted you to get a good first impression. Admit it Billy-Boy, you like her." Butcher. I swear he reads my thoughts like they're floating outside my head in a cartoon bubble. But was he telling the truth? Even I didn't know, and apparently the rest of the guys were curious enough to pay attention to the answer.

"Butcher, how can I like someone who I just met... nine hours ago?"

"By liking her."

"Well, I don't." Or did I? Ughh. The next time I need an excuse, remind me not to bring a good-looking girl into it.

"Okay, if you insist." Good. Wait, why is he grinning like that? Ughh. That little...

"Why don't you believe me?!"

"Bill, it's not just Butcher, none of us do." Sisky put in. The rest of the guys nodded.

"Yea, William, I mean, she was the only thing you were looking at during practice." Michael said.

"Well what do you guys want me to look at? My shoes?" Even though they were pretty interesting... "And she's not a thing either, and she has a name so can we please use it?"

"Amanda." All four of them said. "And look, you're already defending her. See? You do like her." Pity. I was just thinking of not tackling Mike because he was being so quiet.

"Guys! Can we not talk about this anymore? I know I don't, and that's enough for me." Unless I didn't believe myself.

"Okay fine," Butcher gave it up, "What do you guys wanna do?"

"Okay now!" Our thoughts were interrupted by the sight of Courtney and Amanda running towards us with water guns. Except it was less looking and more squirting.

In literally five seconds, Amanda tackled me to the ground and started drowning me in water. "Sorry William." She apologized before squirting me with water again. She soon began to alternate between me and Mike, who was sitting right next to me, as Courtney dampened Michael, Sisky, and Butcher. However, Courtney soon turned her attention to me and I, once again, became soaked. But as a reflex, I grabbed the closest thing next to me and used it as a shield. Too bad that "thing" turned out to be Amanda.

"Ahhhh! Courtney, stop! You're squirting me, not Will!" Amanda yelled as Courtney continued to open fire in the garage.

"Then move out of the way so I'm not squirting you!"

"I can't, he's using me as a shield!" Me and the guys continued to laugh at this scene as Courtney squirt her gun and Amanda took shots meant for me... against her will of course.

"RAWR! I'm all out of water!"

"Yea, because you wouldn't stop shooting me!" I laughed as Amanda turned to glare at me, but she was no match against me smirk because she immediately started cracking up.

"How about a hug William? I opened my arms and accepted her very damp hug as the guys 'awwed.' I glared at them from behind Amanda, causing them to laugh once again.

"No hugging! We're out of ammo! We have to retreat!" Amanda giggled and then the two girls ran out of the garage, leaving us all in a fit of laughter.

"Hey, since they got us, let's go get them back!" Butcher suggested.

We all started laughing again, but when we realized it was a good idea, the five of us ran out of the garage, and into my room to plot our revenge. Based on past experiences with Courtney and water guns, Courtney and water balloons, and Courtney and shaving cream, the first thing we did was lock my door.

"Okay," Mike started once we were all settled down, "What are we gonna do?"

In response, I smiled and went directly to my closet. After a minute of searching, I found the box I was looking for and took it out. I then opened it and tossed each guy a Super Soaker 8000. Oh, the inventor of the water gun was an evil genius. And besides, fight fire with fire, right? Except in this case, it was ice water with ice water.

One by one, the guys and I went into my bathroom to fill up our guns. When we were finished, I thought of something else and immediately went back to the bathroom. Because we always have fights wars with Courtney, we learned to keep five giant water bottles hidden in my bathroom so we can have backup ammo.

After these were all filled and we were positive that we were all set, we unlocked my door and creeped down the hallway and into the night.

Oh three cheers for sweet revenge!
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!!!! Chapter 5!!!!!

Sorry for the wait. School is.......well......school.....

Anyways here it is, and to Make Music Not War! yes it is a pun. All the titles are lol =]

Comments?

xoxo
LessonNumber1