Status: Slightly slowly active

Summer Girl, Forever Chase

Chapter 9

At this moment in time, I had so many emotions running through my head that I didn't know how to react. I was angry, I was amazed, I was furious, I was confused. Most importantly I was in a daze that I didn't know how to get out of.

I wanted revengeand I wanted to see her smile.

Luckily, that's exactly what Courtney and I were going to do.

Usually, I don't act like this, and usually, I wouldn't care so much. But today is different. Today I am acting like this and today, I do care.

I don't know why though.

Maybe it's just that I don't think it's fair for Amanda. Yea, that's it. I don't think it's fair...

"So which two of your bandmates do you want to demolish?"

This question snapped me out of my therapeutic thinking and brought me back to reality.

"Umm... I don't really know, or care, as long as Butcher is mine." Courtney gave me a questioning look, so I decided to explain myself.

"He's been giving me grief all day so... yea."

She nodded in understanding.

"Okay , well I don't wanna end up squirting both the Michaels, so you get Butcher and Mike, I'll get the Aussie and Mr. Sisky Business." I agreed as we continued walking to our destination.

Suddenly, I remembered something and decided to approach the subject.

"Hey, Court." She looked up as I caught her attention.

"Yea?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

I took a breath and then began, begging for her to remember something that's been bugging me.

"Do you recall earlier today when you dragged me to Amanda's and I started to complain, but you told me it was all part of the plan?"

Courtney thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yea, why?"

Okay, at least we were on the same page now. Well, almost.

"What was the plan?"

I turned my head to look at my sister. Half of me was expecting her to look confused, the other half wasn't sure. But either way, her laughing and showing off that stolen smirk was not something I expected.

"Do you really wanna know what the plan was?"

I nodded furiously, causing her to laugh even harder.

"Alright, don't hurt yourself there William." She took a breath and then began.

"I met Amanda early this morning when I couldn't sleep. Since I was bored out of my mind, I went out to get the newspaper, but I ran into her instead. Well not literally 'ran into her' because that would've been tragic but I ran into-"

"Okay, Court. I got it. But what was the plan?"

"Right, right, right. Sorry. Well, anyways, we both started talking, and I really began to like her. But there was something about her that resembled someone else. That's when I realized that she was just like you. You're both quiet, fun, have the same sense of humor. The whole lot."

Courtney paused to smile at my intrigued face.

"So after I went back inside, I called Sisky and told him about Amanda. That's when your friends and I decided to have a meeting somewhere. Then, at like 11 o'clock, we all met at the Siska's since I had to take a picture of Baby and Little Girl anyways. So we all talked about the situation at hands and decided to do things that would bring you and Amanda closer."

Wow. The fact that they wanted to bring me and Amanda closer is kinda nice... I really didn't expect it though.

"Wait, why would you want to bring us closer? I didn't even know her then."

"Yea we knew that, but Bill..."

And just like that, in that one moment with my sister, I truly sensed and heard the concern that she tried to keep hidden.

Once again, she took a breath and then picked up where she left off.

"Bill, you don't see yourself the way we do. You have an amazing life, don't get me wrong, but something's missing. It's like you're looking for something you've yet to find. It's like you're lonely. You're loveless."

And that, that was the exact moment where everything from today fell into place. Her words explained all my actions. I didn't just like Amanda, I loved her. It was love at first sight. Or so I thought.

"All of us see the look in your eyes Bill, so the guys and I decided to do something about it. Every little event that happened today was planned. I know exactly how you tick, and what you'd do in each situation. I had the home-field advantage, and I took it. I knew that you would go fix yourself if you got dirty, and I knew that you two would have a moment if there was a 'stranger' in her hallway. I just... knew what would happen."

Now that, that is the most utterly amazing and mind boggling plan that I have ever heard. I mean, I knew my friends and sister cared... but not that much.

"Wow... Thanks Court."

We looked at each other. It was a brother-sister moment.

"You're welcome." She said while giving me a hug.

"Oh, and plan 'About A Girl' continues when we rescue Amanda and leave you two alone at the park." At this I couldn't help but laugh, and at least now I knew what to do.

"But how'd you know what Amanda would do?"

"Oh, that was luck. If she didn't suggest that plan, I would've, but either way, she would've gotten kidnapped."

I laughed.

"Well then, we better get going, shouldn't we?" Courtney nodded as we began running towards our friends, war, plan, destination, and into the fast times.
♠ ♠ ♠
More foreshadowing, more song quotes, more loooonng updates. Aren't you proud?

Anyways, the chapters that explain this one day, I think, are the hardest to write, after that, I have a plan.
*Cough* Breaking Off The Past *Cough*

Haha, you'll understand later, but for now, so long and goodnight. =]

xoxo
LessonNumber1