Puppy Love

The One and Only Part

"Johnny...Johnny...Johnny!" Matt chanted.

"What!" I snapped earning a few odd glares from other students in the cafeteria.

"Your staring at her again." He teased. I quickly turned to face Matt and the guys, who had taken to making kissing noises.

"Shut up..." I frowned, staring at my lunch whilst poking it.

"Leave him alone!" Val warned, hitting Matt upside the head. "I think it's rather sweet Johnny has a crush on her." She smiled sweetly.

"Yeah, her who happens to be one of the most popular girl in school, who is only in Johnny's grade!" Zacky added munching on a fry.

I just sighed, as the guys continued to tease me. They had a right to I suppose. She was the most popular girl in school and very pretty. Her name was Dani.

Hearing her soft laugh, I looked up and saw her on the other side of the cafeteria. The first thing that strikes me about her, was that Dani isn't your average popular girl. She actually gave a damn about people.

The once some seniors were picking on me and Dani basically stepped in and told them to back the fuck off. And another time I got tripped by some stupid jock and fell flat on my face. She was the only one that helped me up out of the whole hallway. But I doubt she even knows my name....

The rest of the school day passed without anything interesting taking place. So me and the guys decided to spend the rest of the afternoon playing with a football in the park. But as the evening wore on, the guys had to head home for various reasons, leaving me in the park on my own.

It was around 7PM and I was just strolling the along the path in the park, whilst I played with the football in my hands. There was hardly anyone around, only the occasional jogger or cyclist, leaving me to my own thoughts.

But that didn't last long.

"RIP! NO!"

Hearing a voice shout out from behind me, I quickly turned around to find out what the commotion as all about. Before I had chance to register who the voice belonged to, I felt a huge weight land on my chest sending me reeling backwards to the floor. I landed on the path with an 'umph'.

"RIPPER!" The voice said again. Opening my eyes, I looked up to see something standing on my chest, it had big brown eyes and...dog breath?

My eyes adjusted and I was surprised to find that there was a rather large rottweiler dog on my chest, drooling over my face,

"Ripper! Bad dog!" The soft voice said with an angry edge. "I'm so so sorry!" The dog was soon pulled off my chest and I was able to sit up further. "Rip just has a thing about playing with footballs! Oh...It's johnny right?"

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and looked up to find Dani leaning over me with a concerned look. "Are you okay? Did you hit your head?" She asked, trying to restrain the rottweiler who was barking happily in her hands.

"I-I-" I gulped. "I'm fine! Just a bit shocked!" I squeaked feeling my cheeks blush.

"Are you sure? Your not gonna pass out on me are you?" Dani smiled.

I quickly got to my feet, brushing the dirt off my clothes. "Um, no I'm good...I think."

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "Rip can be a bit too strong for me to handle sometimes."

I looked down at the large dog who barked happily up at me. If i got on my hands and knees the dog would tower over me. "Wow...Big dog." I commented. "Is he okay to pet?"

Dani nodded. "He's a big softie. Don't let his looks fool you."

I reached out and started to scratch behind the dogs ear. Ripper, was surprisingly friendly nuzzled his head into my hand. "I didn't think you'd have such a big dog." I added, looking at the dog.

"I don't like little dogs, they remind me of rats." Dani scrunched up her face. "This is a real dog. Even though he's a bit strong for me." Dani looked at the floor. "Sorry about your football, it's a bit...flat now. I'll get you a new one."

I shook my head. "No it's fine. It was an old one anyway."

Dani smiled and looked down the path as the sky was starting to turn dark. "I should get this big fella home before it gets dark."

I bit my lip before looking back at Dani. "Are you walking towards Main Street?" She nodded. "I could walk with you if you like?" I offered, mentally cringing at my new found confidence.

Dani instantly nodded. "Yeah that would be pretty cool, thanks." She picked up Rippers lead and we started to walk along the path to Main Street.

Conversation came easy to us as we walked and after Ripper spotted a bird and nearly pulled Dani off her feet, I offered to hold his lead for her, which she thanks me for, saying she thought her arm was going to be pulled out her pocket.

But like all good things, it came to an end.

The next day in school, I was in a happy mood, but still down. I hadn't seen Dani today. And when I told the guys about what happened, they didn't believe me. They said I was making it up for attention. They never listen to me.

"Hurry up short shit. I want to go to lunch." Brian growled as we crowded around my locker. I was trying to stuff my chemistry book into.

After a shove, it fell into the locker with a thud. "There! Happy?" I growled back, slamming my locker dog.

"SEWARD! HEADS UP!"

Before I could register what was happening, a football collided with my face, before falling into my hands.

"What the fuck?" I barked, grasping the football in my hands. I looked down at it and found something in black scrawled across the skin."Huh?"

I glanced up at the crowded hallway before looking down at the football, the guys looked too.

9574-830
Call me,
Dani x


Again, I quickly glance up to look into the hallway, but this time my eye's caught Dani's. She looked at me and winked, before shutting her locker and walking off to lunch.

All the guys looked at me with shocked, surprised and utterly confused expressions.

I tucked the football under my arm as a grin took over my face.

I smirked. "The under dog strikes...AND SCORES!!!"