Let's Do This Properly

His Room

I let Tyson pull me up the path to his out, through the door and up to his room. He's been holding my hand the entire time. I don't think his parents are home, a car wasn't in the driveway and all the lights of the house were off. Tyson didn't flip any on, just drags me down a flight of stairs to his bedroom. That is when he turned one light on, instantly his room was lit up, I was excited to see it.

On the walls where accumulations of objects: posters, drawings, pictures that had been taken, most of him and a girl that looked similar. On small wooden swings hung from the ceilings were notebooks and a stereo, on the floor where at least ten stacks of Cds, pencils and books where strewn everywhere. His bed was made, it was the only part of his room that wasn't covered in something, it showed that he was a little bit organized. I smiled while looking around.

"I like it," I rubbed my thumb on his hand, I could feel him slightly shiver. It made me happy to know I had some sort of effect, that it wasn't just a one-way street. "Who's that?" I pointed at a picture tacked onto the wall, it was of the girl.

"Oh," Tyson let go of my hand and sat onto his bed, "that was my sister Payton, we were twins. She died," he sucks in a breath, "last May, that's why we moved here actually. I wasn't handling. I don't think I am still, whatever keeps my parents happy though."

It felt strange, that Tyson had suffered something like that and still managed a facade that showed nothing of suffering.

"If..." I began.

"Can we..." He pauses, "not talk about this, it hurts." One singular tear slides down his cheek. I hesitate then take a seat on his bed and bring him on my chest holding tightly. Tyson starts to sob like he hasn't cried about this, and knowing what I've seen of him I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't.

Still, it broke my heart to see him hurting, my eyes soon swelled up and I was crying silently along.

"I'm sorry," Tyson said lifting his head and trying to wipe his face. I just shook my head and leaned forward to kiss his forehead. As soon as I did that though I rethought, what if he didn't like me like that, what if he didn't like boys at all, what if....

Tyson leaned in before I over thought what I'd done to the extreme and placed his lips gently on mine. I was silenced only thinking about the softness of his lips and the way he wasn't rushing, soon his fingers where entangled in my hair and I was cradled in his lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry to leave it there, but I had to... No I didn't, but I'm starting on a new chapter soon.
Comment please. :)