Journey Through His mind

Chapter 3: The Confrontation

After a few days of sitting in my apartment thinking and pondering the situation, I decided to confront him. I went outside, and it was surprisingly nice out today. The sun was out, and the cool breeze that whistled through the trees felt rather nice. I went into Moe’s and saw my usual people. I said hi to Moe and ordered my usual coffee. I looked over and saw him sitting there. I took a deep breath and sat next to him. He jerked his head over towards me and was about to run. But I held his arm down. “Please, just let me talk. Don’t leave.” He looked at me and then he looked down at the ground. He finally spoke for the first time. “I was told that I was the only mind reader in this universe. When you asked me if I was a mind reader, I panicked. I thought I was being punked or something. But then when I saw how serious your face was, I freaked out. I didn’t want to run, it was just instinct.” I looked at him deep in his eyes and was shocked. I said, “You have blue eyes.” He had a confused look on his face. “Um, yeah I have blue eyes. What’s your point?” I smiled at him. “It’s just, people who have blue eyes are always assumed to be perky and stuff. I don’t know. I read it in a newspaper. You just don’t seem like the person who is…….perky.”

He stared at me for a long time. He finally turned the other way. “ I have to go.” Then before I knew it, he grabbed me by the arm and ran outside as fast as we could. “WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME?” He said nothing. We just kept running. Then I realized. This must be a dream. I tried to pinch my arm. But it just hurt like a bitch. Oh my god, I thought. This is for real. I’m running with him. Then, there was an explosion. We finally stopped running to realize that Moe’s Coffee Shop was engulfed in flames.