Come to My Window

One.

With the sun just barely touching the horizon, I continued with my evening walk. As usual, I passed the small group of middle school kids making their way to the nearby park playground. They laughed and shouted as they passed the park gate and ran towards the slides. I smiled, remembering how my friends and I used to go to the park every day after school.

As I neared my street, a white van zipped by me, causing me to stumble onto someone’s yard. I watched the van speed off down the road and disappear around a corner. I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued walking again, thinking about the van. I’d never seen that van around this neighborhood before. Maybe it was just a maintenance van, but at the same time, it would’ve had the company name on the side of it.

I turned onto my street with a sigh. My parents should be home soon. Mom had to take my younger brother to the dentist and Dad probably on his way home from work. As I got closer to my house I noticed something was different about it, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Stepping onto the walkway that led up to the front porch stairs, I saw the front door hanging wide open. I gasped and ran up the stairs and inside of the house. My hand covered my mouth as I took in my surroundings. Everything that was of value was gone. I was in so much shock that I had no idea what to do. Before calling my parents, I went through each room of the house to see what was taken.

All of the TV’s were gone. Every kitchen appliance was gone. Movies, CD’s, DVD players, jewelry, money, anything that was easy to get out of the house; gone. I pulled out my cell phone from my back pocket and punched in my mom’s cell number.

“Hello?” My mom’s voice came through the phone.

“We’ve been robbed. I came back from my walk and the door was wide open. Everything’s gone.”

“What? Robbed? Are you sure?” She asked, not wanting to believe me.

“If you took everything that we use on a daily basis, then no, we weren’t robbed.” I rolled my eyes and looked out of one of the windows in the living room.

“Stay right where you are and do not leave the house.” She hung up before I could respond.

I closed my phone and put it on the arm of the couch, one of the few things that were left on the first floor. Another sigh escaped my lips as I ran a hand over my forehead. How could this have happened to us? We’ve never done anything to anyone. I tried to think of something that any of us could’ve done to cause this.

For some reason, the white van kept popping back up in my thoughts. It did speed out of here really fast. It was a pretty big van. It could just be a coincidence. But something tells me otherwise. The looks on the driver and passenger’s faces told me otherwise.

“The van.” I said aloud.

Almost at the exact same time, a car door slammed and loud voices came from outside of the front door. My muscles froze. My mind went blank. I had no idea what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't put who it was going to be about in the description, because we haven't really decided yet.
But once we do, it'll be there for all you to see.
;D