Come to My Window

Eleven

I sat in my corner for what seemed like hours. It could have only been mere minutes, but with Rachel and the other girl gone, it was like everything was in slow motion.

My chin rested on my knees as I stared at the loose floorboards, waiting for something to happen. Shuffling was all I heard. Shuffling was all we ever heard in this place. I decided to rest my eyes for the time being, seeing as nothing was going to take place.

Just as I had closed my eyes, a scream echoed from down below. My back straightened and my eyes went wide. Thoughts swamped my mind about what could have happened. My eyes were glued to the door, not wanting the man to come back for me.

It was moments like this that scared me the most; not knowing what was going to happen next. With each passing minute, I never took my eyes off the dingy wooden door. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, I heard heavy footsteps stomping up the stairs.

I gasped for air as the footsteps became closer and closer. My life is officially over.

Each step was just as painful as the next. My head was throbbing. Once we reached the landing, I was thrown against the concrete block wall. A groan escaped my lips as I rolled onto my side in pain. In which, I was granted a kick in the stomach for making noise.

Once the man walked away, I glanced to my left, noticing Rachel tied to an old mattress on the floor. Tears stained her face and duct tape covered her mouth. When she squirmed around, I could faintly see blue and purple bruises forming on her exposed skin, which was actually a lot, considering she was barely naked.

I groaned yet again as I sat up and rested my back against the wall. I had been dragged out of our room, down the stairs, to the basement door, and down the basement stairs; by my hair. But I could tell Rachel was in far more pain than I was.

The man that dragged me from our room emerged from the darkness and hovered over me. My eyes slowly drifted upwards to be greeted with a devious smirk plastered on his face.

"Well, sweet pea, I see you've noticed how much fun your little friend has had. Now it's your turn."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this is really late!
<3