Come to My Window

Twelve

Pulling myself up off of the ground, I scurried to the wall. I felt dirty and used beyond belief. What was wrong with these guys? Apparently their parents didn’t hug them enough when they were younger or something. I could hear them laughing from the far side of the room. Everything about them made me sick.

My body was picked up off of the floor and I was tossed over one of their shoulders. Rachel was in the same position as me as we traveled up the steps. I wanted this over, I wanted it all to end.

My body collided with the wooden floor boards of the attic and sadly enough, I felt safe again. The cold attic provided the smallest bit of comfort, but it seemed to help a little. Rachel and I huddled up in the corner where we normal sat, tears running down our cheeks. It was hard to determine which felt worse, the emotional or physical pain. At least the physical pain would ease away with time.

“Sweet dreams, girls.” One of the snickered. “We’ll be seeing you bright and early.”

No, I shouted in my head. Not again. That wasn’t happening again. It couldn’t. I turned to face Rachel would looked as if she was about to have a serious mental breakdown.

“We have to get out of here.” She cried out before her head fell onto my shoulder. Her fingers gripped onto my shirt, pulling me closer to her. I knew I had to be strong at least for her.

“We will,” I whispered, in my head I was trying to convince myself that that was true. “We will.”

Rachel cried herself to sleep. My heart went out to her. She wasn’t strong enough to go through all of this, but neither was I. All I wanted was to let all of the tears flow, to scream out for help, but I knew that wouldn’t help us. One of us had to make sure we got away.

Looking back once more to check on her, I scooted over to the window. Night had fallen upon the quiet little neighborhood. It couldn’t have been too late because numerous houses still had a few lights on. The man across the streets house was completely illuminated and I could make out a few vehicles in the driveway. He was probably having a party or something. I just wish he could see us, could help us. I know it’s a lost cause, but you have to have hope, right? Without hope there is nothing left.

Please mystery man, come save us before it’s too late.

Letting go of the thought, I went back over to Rachel and allowed myself to fall asleep, knowing I would probably need the energy in the morning.

We were both awoken to the door being thrown open and loud footsteps approaching us. One of the men was standing above us, a sinister grin upon his face. If a gun would magically appear in my hands right now, I really don’t think I would need help on how to use it.

“I know you two are getting pretty excited for our what we have in store for you. You’ve probably been thinking about it all night long.” It took everything I had not to hit him. “However, we thought we would let you sit up here and just get ready for it. Build up the anticipation. If you are real good for us, maybe we’ll even let you eat later. Sound good?” He chuckled before walking out of the room.

My eyes quickly fell upon the window. Mystery man, now is the time to ride in on that white horse. No need to rush you or anything, but I think time is really running out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked it!!!!

less than three,
Faunalynn