Come to My Window

Sixteen

Completely ignoring the fact that we were both completely naked, Rachel and I held onto each other for dear life. The noises that were blaring through the ceiling were terrifying us. Mystery Man was here to save us, but that didn’t mean that he would make it past them. Both of us were well versed in the strength those two possessed.

“Make it stop. Make it stop.” Rachel whispered under her breath. If only words could end this us. This was going to be a real fight.

We strained our ears trying to hear if there were any words spoken upstairs, but the floor boards were muffling everything. Glass breaking and things falling over were the other sounds that were clear.

“Ava,” Rachel whispered. I turned to face her. Although the room was dark, my eyes were beginning to adjust and I could see the tears traveling down her face. “If we don’t make it out of this alive I just want to tell you something.”

“Rachel, don’t talk like that. We are going to be fine.”

“I’m just saying that if we don’t I want you to know that I love you. I really don’t know what I would have done without you through all of this.”

“I love you too, Rachel. And when we get out of this we will still be friends.”

“And our kids can be friends.”

“Lets just hope we really aren’t pregnant.”

Just when I had finally gotten the fear out of my head, she reminds me of it. I put my hand on my stomach and closed my eyes. Mystery Man, we’re down here.

Rachel and I were trying to find anything, anything at all to keep our minds off of what was going on upstairs. Time seemed to have slowed down, it felt like we had been in this tiny room for days. I had to pee so bad and my stomach was holy hell pissed at me because I was so hungry.

“I spy something black.” Rachel said.

“Everything around us is black.” I laughed.

She nodded, “Yay! You guessed it.”

“I think it is safe to say that we are losing our minds.”

She nodded in the darkness, “Probably.”

We both stopped talking as the noise upstairs just suddenly stopped. I held my breath, hoping that it wasn’t a bad sign. Rachel squeezed my hand and we both looked up at the ceiling, like some magical force was going to make it so that we could see through the boards. Mystery Man, you’ve really got me worried. I know you won’t let me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
short...yeah...but thats only because I love making people wait for the good parts lol

so whats going to happen??
hmmm...
I don't know...
that's all up to Megan!!