Come to My Window

Seventeen.

Everything fell silent. We didn’t dare make a noise. Nothing came from upstairs, either. Rachel and I scooted closer to each other, if that was even possible. It seemed like hours had gone by and still no sound.

Police sirens broke the silence. From all around us, we heard those sirens. We trembled as the people above ran around. Dust trickled down from the wooden floorboards as we sat in the darkness.

“One of them was in here with a girl. We caught him, but we’re unable to find her.”

Unknown voices began talking directly above us.

“Alright, you five go look upstairs. You four check the basement and the rest of you have the first floor. We have to find those girls.”

“I’d like to help with this, if you don’t mind,” another voice spoke.

“I understand, but for right now we want you to stay out by the squad car.”

As the person began to walk away, a loud, clanking stopped whoever was trying to leave.

The lock. He tripped over the lock of the trap door. Please pull back the rug, please. We could faintly make out the sound of the rug being pulled back.

“Get me the lock cutters, now!” The unknown voice shouted.

Pounding footsteps left and quickly returned. When we heard what we thought was the lock being cut, we inched closer to the trap door. Both of us held our breath, scared of what could possibly happen next.

The heavy wooden door creaked open and blinding light poured in. A head cautiously poked through, scanning the dark room.

“Ava, he’s come to save us,” Rachel said barely above a whisper.

“Blankets! I need blankets, too!” He shouted once more before climbing down to our level.

Mystery Man has finally made his arrival.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while and that it's kinda short!
This was supposed to be out Wednesday, but homework stopped me.
Damn school; glad it's almost over though.
=D

<3Megan