Come to My Window

Eighteen

After they managed to find our old clothes, Rachel and I were sat in the back of the squad car until the ambulance and our families arrived.

Both of us were shaking as we sat there, waiting to finally see the face of the man who saved us. With all the cops and news crews around, it was very difficult to spot out exactly who he was. All we had seen before was really a distant glance at the outline of him. We just want to thank him for saving our lives.

“Where is he?” Rachel whispered to me. Why she did so, I’m not sure. It was like we were so afraid that we were going to get in trouble, that we were going to be punished. Every time someone walked towards us, we couldn’t help but to flinch. I was waiting for someone to strike me and haul me back inside of the house.

I sat there terrified that this was all a joke.

Hysterical screams caused both of us to jump. Rachel hit her head on the roof of the car and I smoked my head on the glass of the window on the door. My mother ran towards me, a smile on her tired face. Without thinking of the repercussions of my actions, I stood up and darted towards her. When her arms wrapped around me, holding me as close to her as humanly possible, I finally felt like this ordeal was finally over with.

Even though I knew the affects of this were never going to diminish.

She whispered some words to me before my dad pulled me into another hug. Our conversation was very basic. All they wanted to know was if I was okay, but I really didn’t know if I was. So many thoughts filled my head. I could still feel their unwanted touches, their disgusting stares, and their painful blows. It was like I was still up there and that this was nothing but a dream.

“Ava, we still have some questions we need to ask you and Rachel and then the ambulance should be here.” One of the cops said to me, pulling me away from the moment I was having with my family.

Nodding, I walked over to him. “Can we please talk to the myst-the man who saved us?” I asked in the softest voice I had.

He didn’t respond, just nodded before walking away. I felt someone grab my hand and my head quickly jerked around to see Rachel standing there, fighting back her tears.

“Are we going to meet him?”

“Yeah,”

It seemed like an eternity passed before the officer came back over, a man following behind him. We didn’t need to be introduced, we knew exactly who the man was. Mystery man.

“Ladies, this is Johnny Seward. He’s the one that called us.” The officer stepped away after his short introduction. I couldn’t control myself, I threw my arms around mystery man’s neck and hugged him for dear life.

“I’m so glad you two are okay,” He whispered before Rachel hugged him. “I was going to call a long time ago, but I didn’t know if it was, well really the situation.”

I just stood there, so lost for words. This man saved our lives and yet I couldn’t think of one single thing to say to him. I wanted to thank him over and over again for everything he did for us, but I just couldn’t form the words.

“Thank you,” Rachel whispered, her tears now flowing steadily down her pale cheeks. “Thank you.”

All I could do was nod. It kind of felt surreal. I wanted to have something to say to him, something to truly express my gratitude, but there were not enough words in the world to tell him how much what he did meant to me. So instead I just hugged him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long!
I've been so busy lately =(