Come to My Window

Nineteen

With each test being done, I grew more and more eager to get out of the hospital. Rachel was down the hall receiving the same tests. If I was asked to name the tests that were being given, I would fail. All I was really thinking about was Mystery Man, well, Johnny Seward.

I just wanted to thank him one last time. He saved our lives. If it wasn’t for him, Rachel and I would still be in that nightmare. Chills ran down my spine just thinking about it. This is the time where I really hope I don’t wake up and realize that us being saved was just a dream.

Police officers escorted us into an interrogation room and pulled two chairs out for us to sit in. The officers told us that a detective would be here in a few minutes to question us. Rachel and I sat in silence while we waited for the detective. When we least expected it, the wooden door opened and a tall man stepped in. I had grabbed Rachel’s hand, still feeling like I was back in that nightmare.

“Hello girls. my name is Detective Wilson. My partner will be here shortly,” the man gave a soft smile.

The two of us nodded, not really wanting to answer these questions, but we knew we had to in order to put those men away.

“Is there anything I can get you? Water or something to eat?”

“Some water, please?” My voice was just above a whisper.

Detective Wilson nodded and stepped out. Rachel patted my hand with her free one. Tears started to form in my eyes. I couldn’t cry; I can’t cry. I have to be strong for Rachel. I have to be strong for us.

Each and every noise the both of us heard brought back another painful memory of the hell we were so viciously thrown into. Loud footsteps from the floor above us, muffled voices seemingly coming from all around us, everything reminded us of a horrible experience.

The heavy door opened once more and the both of us jumped. This is going to be harder than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY SHIT, GUYS.
I am so sorry this is WAAAAAY late.
Writer's block is a bitch.

This has actually been finished for a while now, I've just been busy and haven't had the time to put it up.
But, here it is!
=D