Come to My Window

Three.

Thoughts swirled around in my mind, turning my brain into a whirlpool of distress. I immediately started worrying about my parents and brother. What’s going to happen when they come home and I’m not there? Well, hopefully they’ll know something’s wrong, but what if they think I went to a friend’s house or something to call the police? I honestly hope that’s not what’s going through their minds when they find that I’m not there.

I heard a door slam and something hit the floor. A girl’s voice echoed through the emptiness of the house, she screamed out in anger but was silenced by what sounded like a kick to a body part. Another hostage? My eyes widened when I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I held my breath when I saw the doorknob twist and fly open. I shielded my eyes from the light that pouring in from the brightly lit hallway.

The windows were boarded over, blocking any amount of sunlight from entering the room. I’ve been cooped up in this room since yesterday. I haven’t left my spot on the floor; I was too scared to move.

A girl was thrown over the shoulder of the guy who had walked me to the van. With one swift movement, the girl was tossed to the ground like a ragdoll. She groaned in pain as the man slammed the door shut and locked it from the outside. The girl lay sprawled out on the floor, breathing heavily. I bit my lip as I slowly inched closer to the new victim. She jumped a bit when I tapped her shoulder.

“What the hell do you want?” She shrieked.

I quickly covered her mouth with my hand and held my index finger over mine. She shook my hand away and sat up. I scooted back a little, giving her some space.

“I don’t know what the fuck you want with me, but you bastards will be sent to prison as soon as my dad finds out what happened!”

In the midst of her small rant, I heard someone coming up the stairs and down the hallway, quite rapidly, and I pushed myself back up against the wall. The door flung open as the girl was about to speak again.

“I thought I told you to shut your fucking mouth downstairs? Apparently Miss Princess has never been taught her manners. And do you know what happens to people who don’t have manners?” The man smirked.

Before she could answer, the man’s large boot collided with her stomach, causing her to fall over in pain. She held her stomach as she squirmed on the floor, almost on the verge of tears. The man laughed mockingly and slammed the door shut.

The girl’s sobs broke the silence. I know she wants to get out of this mess just as much as I do, but there are times where you’ll have to cooperate with the enemy, no matter what. I tried once more to get the girl’s attention. This time she didn’t scream; she sniffled and turned towards me.

“What?” Even her whisper was hoarse.

“Come sit against the wall. I’m in the same position as you; I’m not with them, don’t worry.” I whispered.
She groaned as she sat up. We made our way back to the wall and faced the door.

“So, was your house robbed, too?” She managed to get out.

“Yeah.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes, not really sure what to say. I could tell that we were more afraid of being heard than anything.

“I didn’t mean to scream at you like that. This whole situation has already gotten to me. I’m Rachel, by the way.”

“It’s alright. I’m Ava.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long!
I got side-tracked and got an eency bit of writer's block. Yeah, ALREADY.
XD