Come to My Window

Four.

I woke up to the sound of a faint pounding. We had fallen asleep resting against the wall and each other. I pulled my tired body up off of the floor and slowly walked around the room. I made sure my footsteps weren't loud, I didn't want those guys to know that I was up and moving. I don't know what they would do to me, but I do know that it wouldn't be pretty.

Rachel let out a little moan as she awoke. She rubbed her eyes a few times before smiling at me slightly.

"No offense or anything," She said. "But I was really hoping that this was a bad dream."

I let out a slight laugh, "None taken." I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Shit."

Rachel and I huddled up against each other, cowering in fear. I had never gripped onto another human being this hard before. The door slowly, and I mean slowly, opened. One of the men walked in and smiled at us.

"Good morning." He looked at us funny. "That silence that followed that was supposed to be filled with your reply."

"Good morning." Our words were shakey and rang with fear. He smiled though, a big greedy smile. I wanted nothing more than to kick him where it counts and run away, but this isn't a movie, this is real. Instead, I sat there and let him watch my very few moves.

Without another word spoken, he walked away. The door remained open and I seriously contemplated walking out of it, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I value my life.

The only thing I really could think about was my family. Their home was ransacked and their daughter is missing. My parents know me better than to leave and not tell them where I was going. I knew that they are probably worried sick and probably have the cops searching for me. I fear that I will never be found though, I fear that I will never walk out of this house alive.

"Look," I heard Rachel say. "A window." She blew vigorously and dust consumed the air. I tried to wave it away from me, but I couldn't. "It was behind that box." She explained.

We looked out and saw the neighborhood. It was one of the cute and tidey ones. The kind of neighborhood where they try to beat each other's Christmas decorations and compliment each other on the floral arrangement, well at least that's what is looked like. Cars slowly drove passed the house, waving at the people outside doing random activitys, and they were all completely oblivious to what was happening right before their eyes.

"Do you think anyone can see us from up here Ava?" Rachel anxiously asked.

I shook my head, "No."

She sighed and let get gaze fall on the glorious outside. I yurned to be out there even though I've only been locked away for two days. However, it feels like an eternity. I don't know the plans for me or why I am here and it causes so my panic inside of my head. There was only the hope of someone out there to come to our rescue, a very unlikey scenerio.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell us what you think!!!