Come to My Window

Five.

Small yawns escaped our lips as we leaned back against the wall. The men came and told us that they were leaving and would be back shortly. But they made it clear that if we even thought about leaving that it could be the end of us. The door to the room we were in had been locked and something had been moved in front of it so we couldn’t get out.

“Don’t you think that if they didn’t want us escaping, they would’ve tied us up or something?” Rachel asked as she peeked out of the window.

“I was thinking the same thing. We have to get out of this place; now.” I stood up and paced around the room, thinking of something.

Rachel didn’t move from her spot at the window. That is, until she gasped. She stood up and pushed me over to the window.

“Look! Someone’s down there. We can yell for help.” She whispered.

I wasn’t even paying attention to what she was saying. Before I could think twice, I shouted at the group of guys that were walking down the sidewalk. One of them stopped and grabbed another one’s arm. The group of four guys stopped and looked at each other. We couldn’t hear what they were saying, but Rachel yelled this time, telling them to look up at the window.

We watched as they looked at all the houses trying to figure out where the strange voices were coming from.

“The house right in front of you!” I shouted.

Their eyes landed on the house we were in. The boards that were covering the windows were preventing us from being seen, but we could be heard. Our fists immediately began pounding on the boards, showing the group of guys where we were and somewhat hoping a nail or two would come loose.

Our breathing became heavy and sweat lined our foreheads. Ducking down to eye level with the window sill, both of us screamed in anger when our possible rescuers were gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry I haven't updated in...forever.
And I'm sorry it's so short.
:[