Come to My Window

Eight.

Rachel grabbed onto my hand, looking for a source of safety. Sadly, I couldn’t offer her any. We sat in the same boat, driving over the choppy waters of doom and despair. I could offer her nothing more than someone to sit beside and share the pain with.

The noise from down below suddenly ceased. We glanced at each other before heading to our beloved window, the only hope we had. The house from which out watchful eye was at, was vacant. I felt like we were more alone then ever before, I knew Rachel felt the same.

A car started up and we watched the white van pull out of the driveway and make its way down the road. We were alone in the house, this was our chance.

As our eyes locked, it was like we were telepathically make a plan. We nodded at the same time before I turned from the window and headed for the door. Rachel stood guard at the window, to warn me when she spotted the van coming back.

The door creaked as I opened it. I made my way downstairs as slow and alert as I could. This could be the last thing I ever do, but at least there was a chance that my actions could save her. I looked around the entire house, trying to scope out a phone anywhere. A lot of my families things were laying around, it made my stomach turn sour. I missed them, I knew they were worrying, just as Rachel’s family was worrying about her. Two teenage girls, from the same town, were missing. I looked through every packed, cluttered room in the house and came up empty handed. I looked at the door and pushed it open, I looked around and then I felt like we had a chance. Our watcher was standing on the porch across the street with all of the people from before. Rachel’s scream pulled me from my happiness. I slammed the door shut and ran back up the stairs. Never before had my body traveled so fast. I slammed my body down on the worn out floorboards before they could catch me.

“Well?” The eager look on her face, made me feel guilty for not finding out lifeline.

“No phone, but he’s seen me,” I pulled her from the window, they couldn’t know we were still looking out of it.

“Who did?”

“That guy,” I whispered.

“Maybe he’ll save us,” She had a dreamy look in her eyes. She was so hopeful.
“Maybe,”

A thundering of footsteps rushing up the stairs, pulled us from our hopes and caused us to crush our bodies even harder into the corner. The door flew open and a body hit the floor.

“Look,” The guy said with a happy tone. “I found you two another friend.” He slammed the door behind him.

Another girl laid before us on the hard floor. It was apparent that she was crying by the way she was heavily breathing and her body shook on the floor. The only hope we had was our watcher.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!!!

less than three,
faunalynn