Come to My Window

Nine.

The new girl finally regained her composure and was leaning against the wall opposite of us. Her eyes darted around the room, taking in her surroundings. Rachel and I nervously glanced at each other, unsure of what to do next. Sure, we could ask her what her name is, but there’s about a ninety five percent chance she’ll scream at us, causing the men to come up here.

Her eyes finally landed on us. Our breath ceased for a moment until her lips parted.

“Where am I?” Her whisper was loud in the silent room.

We shrugged. We honestly didn’t know where we were.

“We’re in the same boat you are. Kidnapped and thrown in here.” Her eyes slowly navigated themselves to focus on the window off to the right of Rachel and me.

“How long have you been here?”

Again, we had no idea. It’s got to have been at least a few days or so.

“Four four days, I think?” Rachel nodded, counting with her fingers.

“Have you tried escaping?”

What’s with all of the questions? I mean, I can understand asking where you are, but come on. I sighed and looked down at my torn up shoes. Rachel didn’t speak either; I guess I’ll take this one.

“Not-” I stopped, something clicking in my mind.

Maybe it’s just paranoia from not leaving the room, but I don’t think so. Something’s up and I’m not telling this girl anything. I didn’t even finish my sentence. I left it where it stood.

Later that evening, the new girl fell asleep. Now was my chance to tell Rachel what I thought of her and her suspicious questions.

“Yeah, why didn’t you finish answering her?” Rachel whispered, peering out of the window.

“Something made me think that she’s not another victim; like she’s here to get information out of us. I mean, the questions she asked, those aren’t questions you’d ask if you were kidnapped just a few moments ago.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late!
Damn school.
Comments are lovely.
<3 Megan