What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

There's gotta be a better reason.

Image

They had known each other their entire life, went to all of the same schools, same local shows, same tattoo parlor. They lived on the same street, had the same interests and even had the same friends. Zachary James Baker and Dylan Adria Ballard practically lived the same life and never once, shared a word between one another in 24 years.

It was always easiest for Dylan to assume that Zachary completely and utterly hated every single thing about her and her existence out of something she must have done when they were still waddling around in diapers, rather then just completely having no interest in her whatsoever. As a female, a fragile, emotional female hidden under all of the walls she had built, nothing was ever easier for her, just more acceptable for her to live with.

She was one of the many girls who had at one point in their lives fell head over heals for Zachary Baker, she knew every single secret and part of his life that made her fall so hard. To her, all of the other girls just fell for his arrogance, talent at baseball and attractive features and appearance. They didn't know the real Zachary and not one of them had ever even got close enough to get a glimpse of his real and true self the way Dylan did. For that, she was grateful, because it meant she never had to push herself to get over him. She knew she was emotionally too weak to do that, after all, Zachary James Barker had been in her life far too long to just set aside any feelings she had for him, ever.

Boy was she ever wrong.