What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

I laughed about it, cried about it, thanks to you.

Image

Dylan opened the front door dressed in a pair of her favourite dark skinny jeans, cream coloured v-neck cardigan and a white The Clash t-shirt. She breathed a sigh of relief when she noticed that Zack was dressed in a pair of jeans, every-day shoes, a band-t and a black hoodie.

She let him inside and closed the door behind him. "Are you ready to go?" Zack asked as he turned to look at Dylan. She nodded her head and bent down to grab her silver Tory Burch gladiator sandals.

"Have fun guys," Faith shouted from the kitchen before Dylan and Zackary walked out to Zack's car. Dylan closed the door after she waved to Faith and made her way to Zack's car.

The ride to the restaurant was not as awkward as Dylan pictured it to be, although the butterflies in her stomach made her fidget more then she intended too.

Dylan never even noticed that she had been day-dreaming until she felt Zacky place his hand upon hers that she had clasped in her lap. "Ready?" he asked, showing her the cutest smile she had ever seen before stepping out the car and walking to her side.

Zack wrapped his arm around Dylan's waist as they made their way towards the door of the restaurant Zack had chosen. Dylan began to bite her lip as she thought about what to do; finally she wrapped her left arm around Zack's waist in return and moved a bit closer to him.

Zack lowered his head and looked at Dylan, smiling at her when she met his gaze. The waiter met them inside and guided them to their table at the back of the restaurant, outside on the patio. Dylan let out a light gasp at the sight from their table, overlooking the ocean and the ending of a sunset.

"Do you like it?"

Dylan nodded her head, "it's amazing."

When their meal was brought out, laughter met the waiter's ears as he set down their pepperoni and cheese pizza. "Thanks," the pair spoke at the same time before dividing up the pieces of pizza.

Dylan sat back in her chair when she began to feel too full and let out a sigh of contentment. She looked out over the ocean and began to think of things she wanted to forget but knew she never could. "Zack?"

"Mmm," Zack said, taking his last bite of his piece of pizza.

"What made you change your mind?"

Zack sat back in his seat and looked at Dylan. "Faith."

There was a long pause before anyone dared to speak again. To Dylan it looked like Zack was trying to put what he was thinking into words the best that he could.

"When she brought me outside the other day, and showed her maturity about not going off on me in front of anyone else, it just kind of opened my eyes." He took a drink and set his glass back down, "I was always so immature, treating you like shit in front of anyone because I thought it was better then treating you like shit to your face only." He sighed and shook his head, like he was mentally beating himself up. "Like treating you like shit in the first place was ever mature, just because I liked you. I'm such a loser."

Dylan knew by Zack's mumbled voice that he was trying to keep the last part to himself more then confessing his feelings to Dylan, but she smiled and leaned forward, taking his hand in hers.

"We all do stupid things, Zack. No one’s perfect." Dylan squeezed his hand and then sat back in her seat again. "I'm not going to lie, at first I just used to laugh about it, playing it off cool, you know? Then it really began to hurt me, when the years really started to add up. I would just fall to crying about it, I didn't understand what I ever did."

"You're really special, you know? You're a great person Dylan Adria Ballard. Anyone else would've just shot me down after everything I've put you through. I'm sorry, really sorry."

Dylan took in a sharp breath, "everyone deserves a chance to better themselves and fix whatever they messed up. It's only fair."

Zack smiled as he looked up at Dylan. "Want some desert?"

Dylan laughed and nodded her head, "that sounds great."