What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

Breathless.

Image

Dylan and Zack made their way down the walkway and towards the incoming tide of the ocean. Both of them with an ice-cream cone topped with Bubble Gum ice-cream in their hands.

"Damnit, hold up Dylan. I have sand in my shoes," Zack stopped, and balanced on one foot as he pulled off his shoes.

Dylan laughed, glad that she had wore sandles, but then began to feel the discomfort of sand sliding between the soles of her sandles and the bottom of her feet.

She too, balanced on one foot as she kicked off her sandles and then picked them back up.

When she looked up, Zack was by her side again, his shoes in one hand and his ice-cream cone in the other. She couldn't help but grin at how adorable he looked with the bottom of his jeans rolled up and the content facial expression he had as he looked out into the ocean.

He turned his face and his gaze set upon Dylan, the same expression still on his face. Dylan felt her heartbeat begin to increase the longer he looked at her. If only anyone knew what that man did to her.

She bit her lip and looked down at her feet and then moved her gaze back up to Zack's eyes again. It was like he was reading everything that was going on inside of her through her eyes but she couldn't look away. She was captivated by his stunning eyes that held so much of who he was in them too, but no one ever took the chance to see who he really was.

Zack tossed the remaining of his ice-cream cone in a nearby trash can, not letting his gaze leave Dylan's and then took her hand in his. Dylan smiled, happy that her ice-cream cone was finished and her hand was lost inside of Zack's.

She felt breathless as Zack pulled her closer to him, dropping his shoes and opening her other hand to make her drop her sandles as well. He kept their enlaced hands together as he wrapped his left arm around her back.

Dylan wrapped her right arm around Zack's neck and leaned her head on his shoulder, finally breaking their gaze. In the moment following she felt Zack drop her other hand and wrap his right arm around her back as well, pulling her flesh against him. Her other arm found it's way around his neck and her hand began to play with the hair at the back of his neck.

Somehow everything inside her was floating away. All of the pain and horrible memories from their past dissolved all at once. That was no longer important, but the future infact was. That's where everything would be better and where they could continue to live on as if the past never existed. It was something both of them wanted and needed. A fresh new start with a different outlook.
♠ ♠ ♠
Possibly the end. =O