What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

Leave the lies to the liars.

Image

For a very experienced male with the female population, Zachary's knowledge of them was in fact, horrible. Since the time children start preschool they're introduced to the opposite sex and cooties. For years Zachary was petrified of getting cooties from any girl, especially Dylan Adria Ballard.

What made him even more frightened is that he wanted cooties from her, even if he didn't know what they were. But being the stubborn boy he had been born to be, he wouldn't ever admit to it and instead, choose to build up walls and act like he didn't need Dylan in his life at all. In fact, he had informed her every way he could think of - besides verbally telling her so -, that his life would be much better without her in it.

Zachary began this at a young age, from stealing her toys to throwing mud at her at recess and at the babysitters. Dylan never let that faze her; she fought back just as hard. She'd rip her toys from his hands and bonk him on the head with them. She never had a problem with mud, bugs, insects or getting dirty, so she had no problem throwing back twice the amount of mud or even pushing Zachary down into a large pile of it. Of course, deep down this only made him fall even harder for her but on the outside he kept a poker face. He was bound to keep everything a secret.

As the two of them got older and reached high school they thought things would change. Zachary thought he'd never have to see Dylan again and finally be able to get over her, and Dylan in return thought Zachary would finally mature and grow up... neither of them got their wishes.

Within the first few days of high school they both fell into the same group of people and stayed with them for the remaining years of high school and years to follow. Zachary insisted on being the biggest jerk he could be to Dylan all through high school, dating every girl that he set eyes on and especially making out and fucking the girls Dylan despised with everything in her. But still, never said one word to her, never once acknowledged her existence those four years.

It bothered every one of their friends, but no one could get through to Zachary, not even Matt, not even Brian. Dylan was more then willing to start up a friendship of any sort with Zachary, but he was far from even wanting to look at her... when there was a possibility that she would notice.

Zachary James Baker lived 24 years letting on that he despised everything about Dylan Adria Ballard and not once broke his hold on his true feelings.

He was such a liar.