What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

Hear me out.

Image

Dylan walked into Zachary's house alongside her best-friend -of 10 years- Faith Morrison and Faith's boyfriend -of 6 years- Johnny Seward, who happened to be in the same band as Zachary.

Dylan sighed, as she kicked off her converse and made her way towards the living room where the rest of the guys and Valary would be. Faith heard her friends torn sigh and wrapped her left arm around Dylan's shoulder. Johnny squeezed Faith's right hand that was laced with his and gave Dylan a sympathetic look, knowing somewhat how she felt. For years the boys in the band used Johnny as their punching bag and always picked on him, for he was not only the youngest, but the smallest as well. But it was no where close to what Dylan had to deal with, for her 24 years of life.

When they came into the living room there were only three seats still available. On one of the two loveseats sat Matt Sanders and his girlfriend Valary DiBendetto. On a single cushioned chair sat Jimmy Sullivan, one of the craziest people Dylan had ever known in her life. On the couch at the far end near the occupied loveseat sat Zachary with Brian Haner next to him in the middle.

Johnny let go of Faith's hand and made his way to the couch, sitting in the open space next to Brian, allowing Dylan and Faith to share the open loveseat. Dylan and Faith shot Johnny a quick, grateful look and sat down in their seats.

"Hey," Zachary greeted, looking at Johnny and Faith, refusing to acknowledge Dylan in the least. Dylan played with her hands in her lap, as she suddenly found them very interesting. Faith clenched her fists at her sides and grinded her teeth together. She wasn't sure how much she could take of Zack's bullshit anymore.

Faith gave a quick glance at Johnny and he nodded his head, knowing that she was going to give Zachary a mouthful. Whether it was going to be in front of everyone or in private was unknown to Johnny. Frankly, he didn't care because as Faith was going over what she was going to say in her head, Johnny was biting his tongue from lashing out and handing an earful of his own opinions to Zachary.

Faith forced a simple smile, "I just need to steal Zack for a moment." She stood up and motioned for Zachary to follow her. Faith refused to look at her best-friend; she didn't want to see the hurt, terror or the petrified confusion in her eyes.

Faith led Zack out to the side entrance of his house and then whipped around to glare at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Zack was taken back and just stared at Faith, trying to read what she meant. As far as he was concerned they had always been good friends, what had he done wrong? She had never raised her voice like this to him, with a dose of venom.

"I don't understand what you mean, Faith." Zack replied, shoving his hands in his pockets, suddenly feeling like he was 10 again with the way Faith was looking at him.

She scoffed, "you should." Zack raised his head to look at her, caught off guard by her tone once again. "You've been ignoring my best-friend for 24 years! Not once have you ever said one simple syllable or even a grunt towards her, Zachary. You two practically live the same life and you can't find the kindness or decency to say a simple 'hello' to her?"

Zack stared at her, wide eyed and stunned. "I-I, I mean," he stuttered, feeling so small, like a little kid and not the 24 year old man he was.

"You're pathetic Zachary James Baker," Faith sneered and then pushed her way past him back into the house. She couldn't stand to be around him any longer. She needed to leave before she said anything more that could cause a riff between the band.

Faith stormed into the living room, not bothering to cool herself down and stood behind her original seat. Everyone looked up at her, with raised eyebrows, wondering where their rhythm guitarist was. Johnny more along the lines of being concerned if Faith had let her temper get to her and killed Zachary in a fit of rage. He stood up and walked towards her. "What exactly happened?"

Faith sighed and looked towards Dylan, "I'm sorry hun. I just couldn't take him hurting you anymore." Dylan nodded her head and stood up. She walked towards her best-friend and wrapped her in a hug, "thanks Faith."

Just as Faith was about to suggest that the three of them leave the side door opened and Zachary made his way into the living room. The three of them began towards the front door to leave. Zachary fixed his eyes on Dylan as he walked towards his original seat. He looked like a completely different person.

"Hey Dylan," he greeted as he walked past her, back towards his seat.

Dylan blinked a few times, "uh, h-hey Zack." She looked towards Faith and smiled. Faith smiled back and then looked towards Zack, she nodded her head once and then looked back towards her best-friend, her face no longer gloom, but glowing as Dylan kept her gaze fixed on Zachary James Baker.