What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

This is who you are.

Image

Dylan stood up and walked towards the kitchen. She wanted some peace and quiet to sort some of her thoughts out, and with the Berry brothers around, there's never any peace.

She stood in the middle of the floor, debating where to go. She looked at the table but decided she didn't want to sit at the large wooden table by herself. She debated on sitting on the counter top, but thought it might come off as rude considering it wasn't hers and Faith's home.

"What are you doing?" she heard a chuckle from behind her. Dylan whipped her head around and came into eye-contact with Zachary. He had a smile on his face with his hands dug deep into his pockets of his jeans.

"I -um- well..." Dylan bit her bottom lip and played with her hands in front of her. "I'm not sure..." she gave out a nervous laugh and looked away from Zack. She didn't want him to think she wasn't worth his time and regret that he ever began to talk to her, but she was so used to him ignoring her that she didn't know how to react to him anymore. She felt her head begin to spin in confusion.

He let out a light laugh, "want something to drink?" Dylan nodded her head, afraid to talk and stutter over her words. Zack pulled out a Mikes Hard Lemonade and popped the cap off and handed it to her, "here."

Dylan smiled, "thanks, these are my favorite kind of coolers."

Zack nodded his head, "I know." Dylan raised her eyebrow and opened her mouth to say something, but faltered. "We may have never talked, but I know a lot about you Dylan." He paused and looked her in the eyes, "I knew it was your favorite drink."

Dylan smiled and felt her cheeks fail her, as they burned a deep ruby. She felt Zack put a hand on her shoulder and lead her back towards the living room. "We'll talk about things later," he whispered, "for now, just enjoy yourself."

Dylan smiled as they made their way back towards the living room. She looked around at her friends, drinking and enjoying themselves as they all acted like complete idiots. She had never acted as spontaneous as them when Zack was around. This seemed so new to her, but she loved the bubble feeling she had in her chest as Zack whispered in her ear.

"This is who you are Dylan," he patted her shoulder gently. "Open up, have some fun."