What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

Should have known.

Image

Dylan moaned as she began to drift away from her world of sleep. The sun beating down on her back and head made her want to vomit. She dug her head into her pillow and cocooned herself in her down duvet. She wanted the sun to go away entirely for the day. "Fucking... go away." She groaned and thumped her fist into her mattress a few times.

"You should've known Dylan," she heard from somewhere in her room, or was that just herself talking? She turned to look behind her and breathed a sigh of relief, she wasn't going crazy. Faith stood in the doorway, a smirk set on her lips with a tall glass of water and a few pills to kill her migraine with in her hand. Her hero.

"I know Faith; you don't have to remind me." To anyone else, that would've been offensive, but to Faith it was just Dylan-in-hangover mode. She had become used to her hangover moods way back in high school.

Faith nodded her head and walked further into the room. "Well, Johnny and I are going out today. I suggest you take these," she handed her the water and pills, "and then take a shower. I honestly wouldn't suggest staying in bed all day. That only makes your migraines worse." Faith knew her all too well.

"Thanks Faith," Dylan smiled and swallowed her pills and finished off the glass of water. Her stomach could handle that, but nothing else... at least for another few hours that is.

Faith smiled, gently patted her best-friend on the shoulder and walked out of her room, also gently closing the door behind her. Dylan smiled towards the doorway as she sat upright in bed for a few moments. She knew exactly what she was going to do today.

She made her way to the bathroom connected to her purple bedroom and hopped into the shower. She tossed her long brown hair up into a messy, wet bun and applied minimal make-up. She felt a lot better, but not 100% like her again. She walked back to her room and grabbed a pair of black slightly looser fitting jeans, a SYN shirt from one of her best-friends' clothing line and an old Rob Zombie black hoodie.

She parked her car in front of the white house and stared at it through the passenger side window. She bit her lip and then shook her head as she rolled her eyes. She pulled her keys out of the ignition and opened her door, shutting it after locking it. She made her way up the sidewalk and stood on the covered cement porch, staring at the crimson coloured door. She knocked, once, twice, and then the door opened.

"Hey Dylan," she smiled as she lifted her head to meet her greeter.

"Hello Zack."