What's It Going To Take For This Misery To End?

On to the next one.

Image

Dylan drove home with a content smile on her face. Never had she ever thought she'd be going to dinner with Zachary James Baker- just the two of them. She was adjusting well to the new Zack, but it was still hard to get past all of the damage and shit he had thrown at her over the years. She was always about giving people a second chance, unless of course they messed with her friends.

When Dylan arrived home she walked into their house and made her way towards the kitchen area, following the sound of Rob Zombie. She smiled as she watched Faith bob her head and sign the words along with the music while prancing around the kitchen.

Faith jumped when she heard Dylan let a laugh escape. She threw a hand to her chest and took a deep breath and then started laughing. She was always a light-hearted person to be around. She set down her Windex, cloth and then turned down the music with the remote set upon the breakfast bar.

"Hey Dylan, how goes it?" Faith smiled towards her friend.

Dylan smiled back and sat down on a bar stool on the opposite side of the breakfast bar as Faith. "Good. How're things?"

Faith nodded her head as she tapped her fingers along the counter top. "Good." She let a smirk play across her lips. "Have any nightmares last night?" Dylan raised her eyebrows and gave a confused look. Faith chuckled, "you were talking about dinosaures in your sleep last night in the car."

Faith watched as a look of horror spread across Dylan's face and then she broke out into a fit of laughter. "What a night. Are you serious?"

Faith smiled and nodded. "Where'd you go this morning after we left?"

Dylan leaned back against the back piece of the stool and set her arms across her chest. "I stopped by Zacks' place."

Faith raised an eyebrow, "and how did that go?"

"Things went well. We talked for a bit, and he apologized." She paused. "Oh, and he asked me out to dinner tomorow night."

Faith dropped the fork she had in her hand that she had intended on putting away with the other silverwear. "AND!?"

Dylan smirked, "he's going to pick me up at 7:30 tomorow night here, then we're going to dinner. I have no idea where we're going though- so that will be interesting to get ready for."

Faith smiled, "just be yourself kiddo. Dress how you feel."

Dylan nodded her head and then stood up. She gave her friend a quick hug and then picked up the cloth and windex bottle and started cleaning where Faith had left off.

She was more then anxious to see how tomorow night turned out.