Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

Prologue

I’d always been the kind of person who never stood out much. I was always kind of thought of as one of the guys, and I didn't really have any friends that I liked more than others. I did have friends and everything, but being popular, or having a boyfriend didn’t really interest me that much. It was as if life were ice cream, the I was the cone, while some people were a cherry on top, that adds a little sparkle to it, and some were the chocolate sauce. I was always there, and I was the one who most people lean against, kind of like a wall. It may kind of seem that I’m having a pity party for my self, but I’m not, because I don’t mind people leaning on me, and having them trust me to not let them down.

Anyway, so when my mom decided to send me to boarding school, because she thought that my voice was wonderful, and that needed to be recognized, (oh, did I not mention earlier, that my voice was rated best in California, and top five in the United States, and top ten in the world? I usually leave that out when I’m telling people about my self, because it tends to attract some *rimes with witches* and some just plain weird people, because, as you can tell, I’m not really the bragging sort.) Anyway, so when my mom told me that she had already booked my flight to new York, to New York Academy of Music, which is the best school in the US, and is also only about three hundred people, and its mostly for instruments, not vocals, so I’m going to be the only vocalist at the school. Yay me. (The only reason that I got into the school, is because a: I have a crazy good voice, or so I’m told, and b: I am smart enough that I could have gotten in anyway, but that brings us to c: and that’s that my mom is friends with the dean.)

So, off I was to New York, one of the most famous cities ever, and a place that I had never been to. Oh well, at least they have decent snowboarding places. (Yes, I also snowboard, which is actually surprising considering that I live in California. But I only live there for the summer, in the winter I live in Montana with my dad. He's basically my favorite person, because he loves to go on adventures with me, like sky diving, bungee jumping, parachuting, snowboarding, scuba diving, rock climbing, all of that jazz. (My mom and dad had me when they were, like, eighteen, and they never got married to each other, or anyone else. But they still keep in touch and see each other for my sake.)

So here I am, on my way to NYAM boarding school, at which I will be living at for the next seven years if I decide to stay there for college, or three years if I only go for high school. The plane ride from CA to NY is really long, like seven hours, but that’s ok, because I have my Compaq notebook (it’s a computer) and my iPod, so I’m set for about twelve hours, give or take a few minutes. I was listening to a song called Delayed Devotion by Duffy, who is this really sweet Welch singer. I was quietly singing along, and I think that the person in the seat next to me liked my singing, more than the music that they were listening to on their CD player. Because I really do enjoy making people happy, I sung just a tad louder.

...It seems you wanna give me
Oh, a life time of security
Down on your dying knees
I watch you, babe, I watch you plead
But your words come much too late
My love for you has turned to hate
'Cause you've taken too much time
To show me that you're mine...

Pretty soon, there were several people listening to me sing, which was really embarrassing, (I mean, I love to sing and all, but I’m not to into the whole performing thing) the worst part, was that when the song ended, people clapped, even the flight attendants.
I was flipping through a trashy magazine a few seconds later, when a flight attendant came up to me and smiled in a way in which I new that she was going to ask me to do something embarrassing. (After a while, you get the notion when something bad like that was going to happen) She smiled, and asked, "Hello, we heard that you have a very lovely voice, and when the pilot found out, he said to ask if it wasn’t too much trouble, if you wouldn't mind singing so that everyone could listen?"

Remember how I mentioned earlier that I didn't like letting people down, well this is where it really starts to suck. "I'd love to." I said, putting on a fake smile.

"Oh, great," the woman said, "Would you come up to the cockpit? We have a microphone there." I shook my head, "No, I would rather not use a microphone, thank you, but I will come up and sing for everyone." She looked a little puzzled, considering that the plane was huge, but took me to the front of the plane anyway.

The only problem was I wasn't sure what to sing. Hummm...oh, of course! One Sweet Love, by Sara Barellis. I nodded to the flight attendant, giving the sign that I was ready. She smiled encouragingly at me. I took a few deep breaths, and started.

...Just about the time the shadows call
I undress my mind and dare you to follow
Paint a portrait of my mystery
Only close my eyes and you are here with me
A nameless face to think I see
To sit and watch the waves with me till they're gone
A heart I'd swear I'd recognize is made out of
My own devices....
Could I be wrong?....

People were starting to look at me, so I just looked at the ground, embarrassed. But I didn't stop singing, one thing that all of my teachers had taught me, was to never stop singing, even if I messed up, or if I hit a wrong note, never stop singing.

....The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?
Sleepless nights you creep inside of me
Paint your shadows on the breath that we share
You take more than just my sanity
You take my reason not to care.
No ordinary wings I'll need
The sky itself will carry me back to you.....

By now, everyone on the plane was looking up at me, and they all seemed to be enjoying my performance. Oh man, this was EMBARRASSING!!!

...The earth that is the space between,
I'd banish it from under me...to get to you.
Your unexpected love provides my solitary's
Suicide...oh I wish I knew
The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?
Ready and waiting for a heart worth the breaking
But I'd settle for an honest mistake in the name of
One sweet love...

And now, I bet you can't guess that happened, yup, they applauded. It was really just what I needed, having a whole plane load of people looking and talking about me. Oh well, now that that was over, I started to slink back to my seat, only to get another round of applause. I smiled at them, and sat back down, pretending to go right to sleep.

When we finally landed, some three hours later, I was completely ready to get off of this 'effing airplane. The whole way everyone kept on looking at me and whispering. But really, what could I expect, after publicly humileating myself. Uggggg!!!! Why do I always have to do this to myself???

I got off the plane, and went to the luggage carousel, and got my two Hawaiian print suitcases. Then I looked around, supposedly, there should have been a person with my name on one of those cool little boards, who was supposed to drive me to NYAM.

Ahhh...there he is. Cool. I smiled at him, and he took my bags, and led me to the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment! tell me what you think!
xo, Carlisle

ps, here r some pics of the different characters. tell me if they're helpful or not.

Athena: http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/3/_5834903.jpg
or: http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/12/_5989732.jpg

Her mom: http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/2/_5925122.jpg