Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

October

As I sat in the gynecologist’s office with everyone with me. (And when I say everyone, I mean everyone, as in Dylan, Alex, Connor, and Jack. They had been by my side through all of this for the past week. I.e. setting up doctor’s appointments, and getting me special foods that I was craving.) I thought about how strange it was, that in about seven months, I would have this little creature, who was mine, and mine alone. That thought made me remember that I wasn’t entirely to blame for this little incident. I reached over and grabbed Jack’s hand, smiling up at him. He grinned back at me, and squeezed my hand even tighter. I looked at the guys, and realized that I could never ask for better friends. They were so supportive, and I loved them for it.

I was drifting off in my own little world, when suddenly I heard my name being called.

“Athena Thomas?” said a thirty-ish looking woman who was holding a clipboard, and looking around the room.

“That would be me,” I said, standing up. Immediately my posse (as I like to call them) stood up as well. All of them taking a protective step towards me. The woman motioned for me to come over to her, and I did, my posse trailing behind me. The woman smiled, and said,

“Hello, I ’m Doctor James, and I ’l be your doctor. So, is there something special that you came in to see me for?” she asked. I sighed, and nodded.

“Well, you see, I ’m kind of pregnant...” I said, looking at the floor in shame. Instead of the look of horror, or frustration, like I was expecting, she only nodded. And I swear I saw a look of either understanding or pity in her eyes.

“And who are you all?” she asked my posse. I could see that Dylan was about to answer, and so I quickly cut him off.

“These are my friends,” I told her. She nodded, and asked me, “Well, would you prefer it if they stayed out here, or if they came in with you?” I looked at them, and I could tell that they really wanted to be with me, so I said, “What the hell, it’ll be like a party of my doom.” I grinned, and kissed Jack on the cheek, hoping to make his sour look go away. It worked, which made me smile even more.

Dr. James led all five of us into a small room, with a folding chair, a computer, a rolley chair, and an electric chair, just for me. Don’t worry, I ’m only kidding, but it was almost as bad: it was one of those hospital beds for the poor pregnant women, with the stirrups. Joy. Dr. James looked at me and said, “There’s a gown on the bed, why don’t your friends wait outside while you get changed?” she suggested. I nodded, and the boys filed out of the room after the doctor. All except for Jack. You see, he had this thing now, where he basically never ever left my side. He even came to the bathroom with me, he didn’t come into the stall or anything, but he had to be in the room, hearing me pee.

Dr. James looked like she was waiting for Jack to leave, but I shook my head and she only nodded and closed the door. Jack sat on the folding chair, and I began to strip. I took everything off, and handed each item of clothing one by one to Jack. I then put on the very unattractive hospital gown, and sat on the edge of the bed. Jack opened the door so that the boys could come in.

“Are you okay Athena? You look a little pale,” Alex said. I nodded, and told him that I was fine. A few seconds later Dr. James came back in, and told me to put my feet into the stirrups. I nodded, and made my posse stand behind my head, so that they couldn’t see...anything... Jack was standing on one side, and he was holding my hand. Dylan was holding the other one, and Connor and Alex each had a hand on one of my shoulders. I could seriously tell that the doctor was impressed with how much they all cared for me; I could see it in her eyes.

After my examination, to make sure that everything was...working properly... the doctor did an ultrasound, and I got to hear my baby’s heartbeat. That kind of freaked me out, I mean, there was a little living thing inside of me. Creepy!!!! But it was still kind of cute, Jack was so happy, and I could tell that the rest of the guys were too. I was off in my own little world, when Dr. James suddenly spoke,

“So do you want to know the sex of the baby?” I looked up at Jack, and I could tell that he totally wanted to, and so did I. I nodded my head, and she looked on the file.

“Congratulations, you’re having a girl! She’s due in-“But I cut her off, I already knew because I had done the math in my head.

“She’s due in October,” I said, Dr. James nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so i know that this ones really pretty short, but its the first chapter in like 2 months. im really sorry for the wait guys, i feel kinda bad... anyway, im getting there, slowly but surly. but it may be a few days in between each chapter, cuz iive just started to get the ball rolling again.
and comments and such really truly do help.
thanks!!!!
(oh, and i changed some stuff in other chapters, such as i took out the Nate character, cuz he was starting to bug me. :)
thanks again for reading, and whatever else.
<333333 xo, me!