Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

News

After the appointment, we all went back to the campus, and split off to do our separate things for the day. Jack and I went back to the room. I was planning on getting some shut-eye, and Jack wanted to finish some home work. I hadn’t really thought much about home work, and school, and all of those other normal teenager things in a while, I mean, finding out about the baby kind of put a damper on the prom or who was going out with who gossip.

We reached the room, and I clambered into bed. Jack got his school book, and sat on the end of my bed, leaning on the foot board. I glanced up at him, and smiled. We still hadn’t had a chance to really discuss the baby, and what was going to happen, but it was somehow okay. Even though there was this big wall in the way of both of our futures, and hopes and dreams, we were working it out and getting through it as best as we could.

“Jack?” I suddenly said, he looked up at me, and nodded.

“Um...what are we going to do?” I said in a small voice, my tone implying that I was extremely worried about the future-our future.

“Oh honey,” he said, coming up to sit beside me, and rap his arms around my shoulders. “I don’t know, but I’m sure we’ll be fine.” He sounded so sure, I was having trouble thinking otherwise. I smiled, content, and snuggled deeper into the covers, forgetting my problems for a brief period of time, if only to be able to fall asleep, was very nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Two Months Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the past months, time had seemed to fly by, as if it were only a week or two. The only thing that was helping me keep track of the time was my growing belly. It was a little embarrassing, some of the teachers were noticing. Like my P.E. teacher for instance, she knew that I loved to exercise, and that I went running almost every day, but she did notice when I started to show a bit of a baby bump, so she started to work me harder. That ended in me having to sleep more, therefore worrying even more of my teachers-it was essentially one big loop, one big, annoying, bumpy loop. Even Jack noticed my belly, although he thought that it was cute. Me...not so much, I thought that it was just one big hassle, I mean, it meant that I had to buy new pants, seeing as how my stomach was almost too big for any of my jeans to fit. One of the strangest encounters was the one that I had with Matt. I hadn’t seen him since that one day where I had run into him and his friend.

I had been lying on the field, writing a song, when there was suddenly a shadow blocking me from the sun. I sat up, and when I saw who it was, I smiled.

“Hey Matt, I haven’t seen you in, like, forever.” I told him. He nodded, and kicked some of the grass.

“So...” he said, I could tell from his face that there was something that he wanted to tell me, but I didn’t know why he wouldn’t just ask.

“So...what?” I asked him, not really in the mood to dance around one particular subject. He stood there for a minute longer, probably contemplating how exactly to word what he was going to say, when he suddenly burst out,

“Are you really pregnant?” his question shocked me a little, but I regained my stability fairly quickly, and nodded my head. He sighed, and sat down beside me.

“Um...Athena, are you okay?” he asked me, in a caring voice, I nodded, and lay back onto the grass.

“I think so at least,” we sat in silence for a minute, when I suddenly said, “It’s a girl. She’s due in October.” Matt nodded, and said, “Well...congratulations...I guess.” I nodded, and suddenly snorted. Matt looked at me like I was mentally unstable, and I just said, “It’s kind of ridiculous, you know, I mean, I’m a teenager, I’m supposed to be worried about clothes, and boyfriends, and who’s going to ask me to prom, but instead I have to worry about doctors bills, and a roof for over mine and my baby’s head.” After I said it, I realized that it wasn’t as funny as I thought it was, but that didn’t really matter to me, I was just glad for someone to talk to.

We were still lying on the grass, when there was a severe pain in my abdomen. I gasped, and looked down at the ground beneath me, and saw that there was blood all around me. Matt noticed my alarmed expression, and he quickly realized what was worrying me. He hopped up, and carried me bridal style to his car that was just next to the field. He put me into the back seat, and told me that he was going to go get Jack. I nodded, and closed my eyes, praying that what I thought was happening, wasn’t reality.

When we arrived at the hospital, I was put into a room immediately, and my doctor from the last time I had come to the doctor came in.

“Hi Athena, what exactly happened?” Dr. James asked me, as she checked my heartbeat, and asked me to put my feet in the stirrups. I closed my eyes, and held both Jack and Matt’s hands, because they had both come with me.

“Well, I was laying down on the field, and I was talking to Matt, and suddenly I had a really bad pain in my stomach,” I told her, pointing to where the pain had been, “and then I looked down, and there was a bunch of blood, and Matt got me and Jack, and drove us over here.” I said, finishing my story. Dr. James nodded, and looked up at me.

“Athena, I’m afraid I have some bad news...”
♠ ♠ ♠
so...heyas, sorry bout the wait, but ya know, school...friends...all that jazz...so ,anywho, hope ya all liked it. tell me what u think!!!!
love y'all
<3
me