Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

And To Wrap It All Up...

I sighed and sat down hard on my bed. Closing my eyes for a few seconds, and then opening them again, to make sure that I wasn't imagining things, I pulled my cell phone out of my purse. I hit the button on the speed-dial, and reluctantly put the phone to my ear. It rang only a few times, before my dad's gruff voice answered.

"What?" he said rather unpleasantly. It was clear by his tone that he had seen my name on caller-id, and was still upset over the baby thing.

"Hi dad..." I said quietly, letting my sentence just hang there, not quite sure how I was going to tell him the news about my baby.

"May I help you?" he asked in a very forced voice. When he said that, I couldn't stand it any longer. I burst into tears, noisily sobbing into the phone. The other end of the line was silent. It was clear that my dad was not going to break yet. I decided then and there that what I really needed to do was just come out and say exactly was wrong.

"Okay, dad, I'm going to tell you something, but you can't interrupt me, or else I'm sure that I won't be able to finish. So, here goes." I said, taking a deep shaky breath.

"Well, there were some complications, and I had a miscarriage. And then, when Jack was on the way to the hospital, he got into an accident, so now both my baby and my boyfriend are dead. I already told mom, and she said that I needed to tell you, so I did. I think I should go, I'm very tired, and I would just like to go to sleep. Bye." I said.

Once the words had left my mouth, it was as if i was finally actually realizing that they were gone. It exhausted me to unbelievable standards. I shut my phone before my dad had the chance to respond, and turned it off. I didn't think that I was going to be even capable to speak to anyone so soon. Just as I was about to lie down, Matt came into the room, and saw that I was awake.

"Hey," he said quietly. I only nodded at him, not being able to muster up the energy to talk.

"Let's get you home," He said in the same quiet tone as before. He came to stand next to me, and put my arm around his shoulder, trying to help me walk. I stood, and we started out the door. Me with shaky legs, and him trying to comfort me in any way he could.

We got back to school, and I went to my room, so that I could go back to my life before Jack and babies came into the picture.

Five Months Later

Matt and I were sitting in his room, doing some homework, when my phone started buzzing like crazy from my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered, not sure of who it was, because I didn't recognize the number on the screen.

"Hi Thea," said a voice that sounded remarkably like my father's. Even though that wasn't possible, my dad and I hadn't spoken since I had told him about Jack and the baby.

"Dad?" I questioned hesitantly.

"Hey baby girl," said the voice on the other end. I gasped, it was my dad.

"I'm so glad you finally spoke to me! I'm so sorry about what I did, and I promise, it will never happen again! Oh! I'm just so glad that you're finally speaking to me!" I exclaimed into the phone. I heard a deep chuckle from the other end, and I could tell that my dad was laughing at me. That only made my smile even wider.

"So," I ventured, "Do you forgive me?" I asked quietly. Then the chuckle turned into a full blown laugh.

"Of course I do sweetie! And I'm so sorry about how I've been acting for the past little while, I really had no rite to say those things, especially because that's the exact thing that happened to me an your mom." He told me in a very cheerful voice.

"I love you dad." I said into the phone, waiting worriedly for his reply.

"You too baby, to the moon and back." My dad told me, using the phrase that we used to say when I was little.

"Bye Daddy," I said, finally getting up the courage to call him by my name for him.

"Bye Thea." He said, clearly smiling. I hung up, and grinned over at Matt, who was looking at is textbook, but I could tell that he had been listening in the entire time.

"So I take it you made up with your dad?" He asked, smiling back at me. I nodded, and leaped off of his bed, bounding over to were he was sitting, only to stop abruptly, and plant a kiss right on his lips. Matt and I had been being very careful around each other over the previous months. In that time, he had also broken up with his girlfriend, because she was very upset that he was still hanging out with 'that pregnant slut' as she so charmingly called me. But I had been able to tell for several months that Matt was starting to like me, and I surprisingly found that I was mirroring the affection. When I pulled away, Matt didn't look upset at all, he actually looked very blissful. I smiled at him, and went back to the bed, to finish my advanced physics homework, smiling the entire time. Who knew, that *of all the people*, I was going to be this lucky? I guess you have to pick you're battles, as well as you bliss.

I didn't know this yet, but Matt and I would end up married, after he and I both went to college at NYU. After being married for a wonderful eleven months, I would have twins, a girl named Sylvie, and a boy named Tristan. Matt and I would live happily ever after, or at least as close as two highschool sweethearts could, especially two who had gone through as much as we had. I guess even stories with crappy middles, can have happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha!!!! I'm Done!!!!!!!!!! yay
please tell me what you think of my first finished story. I will LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU COMMENT!!!!!!!!! <3
thanks
xo
Carlisle