Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

Boarding School

When the driver pulled up to the steps of the school, I was momentarily speechless. NYAM
was gorgeous! The buildings were brick, and looked like old fashioned mansions. The
driver, who's name I found out was Tony, got my things and carried them up the steps of
the building that said 'Administration Building'. I tipped Tony, and pulled my two rolley
suitcases up the stairs through the wooden doors.

When I walked in, I saw a woman sitting at the front desk. I put on my bravest face, and
walked up to her. She smiled at me, and told the person on the phone to 'please hold'.

"Why hello," she said, "You must be Miss Thomas." I smiled and nodded my head.

"That’s me," she began looking through some papers on her desk, "Ah, here is your room
key, and the schedule for the next week, before school starts." I smiled, and was about to
thank her and leave, when I realized that I had no idea where any of the dorms were.

"Um...do you think that you could point me to the dorm?" I asked quietly. She smiled, and said,” I’m sorry, I completely forgot that you've never been here! I'll see if there's anyone who can lead you there." I nodded, gratefully, as she called to ask.

I had started to kind of zone out, when someone lightly tapped me on the shoulder.

"Humm???" I said intelligently. I glanced up, and standing right in front of me, was an extremely cute guy. He looked to be about my age, and was holding a backpack, and a folder, which no doubt had all of the information about me. Oh well.

"Hi, I'm Matt. I'm supposed to walk you to the dorm." I nodded,

"Ok, cool." When he didn't start walking, I motioned for him to go, "Lead the way." He nodded, and off we were, until we got to the stairs, at which he turned around and picked up my bags.

"Um...ok," I said, nodding, "Whatever floats your boat." When we got to the bottom of the stairs, he still didn't give me back my bags. "You know," I said, thoughtfully, "I am actually capable of carrying my own bags; I can handle it, really. I promise that I won't faint from straining my delicate little self." I said, grinning. When I said that, he looked totally stunned, and to be honest, the look on his face was completely priceless. I burst out laughing. "I was only kidding!!! You can carry my stuff if you really want." I said, still giggling. He grinned too.

"Well, if I had known earlier, how strong and masculine you were," He said, looking my petite 5'4" frame, "I would have let you carry your own stuff. What are you keeping in here, anyway?! It's like I'm carrying bricks!" I put a look of fake confusion on my face, "Oh, did I forget to take my rock collection out of my bag before I left home?" I smiled and shook my head, "No, there are just lots of books in the bags, because I wasn't sure if there was a very good bookstore here. I'm kind of a book-aholic." Matt frowned, "Wait. Girls read?" I hit his arm lightly, "Ha ha."

Just then I looked at my watch, it was already 5:40. "Shit!" I exclaimed, there was only twenty minutes until the assembly tonight, and I still had to change, and put my stuff in my room. "What?" asked Matt,

"The assembly thingy is in twenty minutes. I gotta go to my room, and get ready. Thank you!" I said, as I ran to the elevator of my dorm building.

I got to my room, and unlocked the door. I stepped through the door, and was at that moment, so completely confused, that I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a GUY sitting in MY room, on one of the beds, in jeans and a tee shirt.

"What the Hell are you doing in my room?!" I asked, incredulously. "What do you mean, this is MY room!" He said. I shook my head, "Ok, whatever, I have to get ready for that assembly thingy tonight, and so we can worry about this little issue later." He looked at me like I was completely insane.

"Who are you, anyway?" He asked

"Oh, sorry, I'm Athena Thomas*." I said, holding out my hand. "Jack." He said, shaking my outstretched hand. He had a very firm grip, and I matched it, until he let go. I put my suitcases in the corner of the room that was empty, and opened one of them. I could tell that Jack was looking at me, so I turned around, "If you think that just because I'm opening my suitcase, that you will get to see my underwear then you're out of luck." I said. He looked totally surprised that I knew what he was trying to do, and I couldn't help laughing at him.

"I...would...no-what...?" He said, trying to cover it up, but failing miserably. "Caught ya." I said, grinning, and sticking my tong out at him.

"Ok, I'm going to change, so either look and die, or avert your eyes." He immediately turned around, but he was facing a window, and it was very easy to see a reflection. "Nice try, but no." I said, walking over to him, and grabbing a sock from the floor on the way. I tied the sock to his head, over his eyes. "Ok, now you just hold tight, until I'm ready." I said, with him protesting through all of it.

When I was changed, I told Jack that he could take the sock off his head. He did, and when he turned around, he started out with a glare, which immediately turned to awe. "What?" I asked. I had changed into my faded jeans, and a dark purple long sleeved shirt, with buttons at the top, one of which was unbuttoned, showing a little more chest than necessary.

"Ok, I'm ready. And could you stop staring at me, you’re making me nervous." I said, somewhat shyly.

"Yeah, sorry. Come on, let's go, we're going to be late."

And so we were off, God, this is going to be an interesting year.

*A small fact about my name, my mom is Dutch, and my dad is Greek, so I have absolutely no American in me. My mom and dad both liked ancient mythology, so they decided to name me Athena, after the goddess of wisdom. My last name is Thomas, because when my dad came to America, they couldn't pronounce his name, so they changed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what u think, pleasssse!!!!!
xo, me!