Status: All done, but I'm doing a bit of editing here and there, mostly just spacing things out, and grammer.

Of All the People

Dads and Drives

Today was Saturday, so there were busses going into the city. Alex, Connor, Dylan, Jack and I were getting breakfast, and then we were going to go meet my dad, so that we could go to the ski resort. I finished eating and cleared my plate, then I went back to the room, to get my things. I was walking up the steps of the dorm building, when I saw a familiar face. It was Matt, the guy that had helped me with my stuff on the first day.

“Hey stranger.” I said as I walked up to him, he looked up, and a look of recognition crossed his face.

“Hi, how’s it going Athena?” he asked me, smiling. Just then, a girl who looked to be about Matt’s age walked over to us.

“Hello, I’m Katie, and you’re Athena. I heard you sing last night, you were amazing!” she told me, with a smile.

“Thanks Katie. I was starting to worry that there really were no other girls around here.” I told her, also smiling. She giggled, and nodded,

“Yeah, you really are brave to be able to stand all of those guys. Are you really sharing a room with one?” she asked, I nodded, and said, “I also have to use their bathroom. There aren’t any girl’s ones in the dorm. Hey, where do you live? You must not live on campus, do you?”

Katie shook her head.

“No, I live with three other girls in a house about half a mile away.” I nodded. “Okay, I have to go pack. My dad’s taking me and a couple of my friends up to the mountains for skiing.” I told them, waving goodbye.

“Bye Athena.” Katie said.

“See ya around.” Said Matt.

I went up to the room, to gather my stuff, and call my dad. I dialed his number, and began packing my clothes.

“Hi Daddy.” I said when my dad picked up the phone.

“Hey honey! How’s it going?” he asked,

“Good. When are you going to get here to pick us up?” I asked him, placing my toiletries into my duffel bag.

“I’ll be there in about twenty minutes.” He told me.

“Okay, we’ll meet you out front. Bye Daddy.” I said into the phone. When I turned around, I saw Jack standing in the doorway, along with Dylan and Alex. They all have really strange looks on their faces. Whatever.

“What’s up?” I asked, putting some panties and bras into my bag.

“Not much, did you ask your 'daddy' when we were leaving?” he asked, and all three boys burst out laughing. So that’s what those looks were for.

“I did, in fact. We are meeting him out front in twenty minutes. Are you all packed?” I said, turning back to my packing.

“Yup,” Dylan said.

“Me too,”

“Me three.” Alex and Jack chimed in. I nodded, and put the last of my clothes that I would need into my bag. I then moved over to my backpack. I put my laptop and my iPod in, along with my song book and some pencils. I looked up at them, and grabbed my stuff.

“All done. Let’s go put our things in the common room down stairs, and then we can get food before we go.” I told them. They nodded, and Jack picked up his stuff, and Alex and Dylan told us that they would tell Connor and meet us down there.

When my dad pulled up in front of the building, and stepped out of the car, I immediately engulfed him in a hug.

“Hi Daddy!!!” I said, completely overwhelmed by how much I had missed him.

“Hey Sweetie! Oh man, I’ve missed you so much!” he told me, kissing my cheek.

“You too.” I said.

When he let me go, I introduced him to the boys.

“Dad, these are my friends that I was telling you about. This is Alex, Connor, Dylan, and Jack.”

“Hi boys.” My dad said to them, “I’m Athena’s dad, Brian. And don’t even think about calling me Mr. Thomas. That’s my dad.” He told them, making them all laugh. My dad put all of the bags into the car, and we got in.

“Okay,” he said, “Let’s get this show on the road. Thea,” he said, using my nickname that he had made up, “Music please.” I nodded, and put on the radio.

------------------------------------------------------
Jack’s P.O.V.

Athena’s dad was really nice, and although the guys made fun of it, I thought that it was cute that she called him Daddy. When we got into the car, Athena put on the radio, which was playing a song that I had never heard before, and immediately started to sing quietly.

...Here's the day you hoped would never come
Don't feed me violins
Just run with me through roads of speeding cars.
The paper cuts the cheating lovers
The coffee's never strong enough
I know you think it's more than just bad luck...

I still couldn’t get over how pretty Athena’s voice was. I could tell by the rest of the guy’s faced that they couldn’t either. The radio started playing Boston, by Augustana. I settled in, and started to drift off; falling asleep to Athena’s quiet singing.

...You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah,
She said
You don't know me, and you don't wear my chains... oh yeah,

Essential yet appealed, carry all your thoughts across
An open field,
When flowers gaze at you... they're not the only ones who cry
When they see you
You said...

------------------------------------------------------
Dylan’s P.O.V.

Athena was quietly singing, and I glanced over to look at Jack, and saw that he was sleeping. It was totally and completely obvious how in love he was with Athena; it was actually kind of funny. I didn’t really get it, because I saw Athena more as one of the guys, maybe I hadn’t at first, but I defiantly did now. She was sweet, but more like a little sister than a girlfriend. The other thing was that she was an amazing singer. She and Jack did so well at the talent show, and even when she was singing along to the radio, she still sounded great.

We got to the ski resort, and I had to shake Jack awake, and Alex had to do the same for Connor, because he was sitting in the back seat. We got out of the car, and grabbed the bags.

“Okay kids, here are your house keys, I rented one for you five, and I’m going to be staying with some friends about half a mile away. So you need to behave yourselves.” Athena took the keys, and hugged her dad.

“Thanks Daddy.” She said. I still thought that it was funny that she called him Daddy, oh well. I nodded, “Thanks Mr.-I mean Brian.” I said, catching myself. He laughed, and so did Athena.

“Bye, I’ll call you tomorrow, and we can see about hitting the slopes.” Brian said.

“’Kay, see you.” said Jack, and Alex waved.

“Well, shall we?” I asked, motioning to the house. Athena nodded, and went to unlock the door. I could already tell. This was going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey! hope you liked my story. :)
comment!
xo, Carlisle