Status: Indefinite Hiatus

Love Junkie

Chapter 1

Step 1: Fiji.

Step 2: The Multiple-Orgasm.

Step 3: Night clubbing.

Step 4: Misbehave.

Meg Prescott put all of her NARS makeup all back in order on her bathroom counter, all of which was a bribe from her “guilty” mother after she left her family for another man. Free makeup is free makeup no matter where it came from.

After one last glance of her freshly made-up face in the mirror she slipped on her little black dress that was admittedly a little too small. Meg had the body for the dress, no doubt, but it was like she was trying just a little too hard to show it off. It was just screaming “Look at me, I’m hot!” She grabbed her Christian Louboutin black strappy four-inch stilettos out of her shoe closet (yes, an entire closet). They were another gift from mommy-dearest.

Meg heard a knock at her apartment door. She quickly threw some of the necessities into her small clutch, put on a light jacket and answered the door.

“Hi Marc,” she said, “You look handsome tonight.” She locked her door before turning to him for a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

“You look quite stunning yourself, Meg,” said Marc.

“Thank you, I do try, you know.”

“Yes, I do know. It’s why you always call me to delay our dates another half an hour.”

Meg smiled at him sweetly, “It’s a small inconvenience to be able to look this good.”

“Right,” said Marc, unconvinced. “Are you ready to go? I made reservations at Shalel Lounge for…10 minutes ago,” he said glancing at his watch.

“Oh I love the Shalel Lounge. It’s so romantic!” Meg said with a smile. Shalel Lounge was the place to go lately. With all these New York nightclubs being overrun by tourists, Shalel stayed a local secret. It was definitely a “get you in the mood” kind of place, with dim lighting, silk pillows everywhere, and a cocktail list to die for.

Marc and Meg arrived a few minutes later. It was only a few blocks walk from Meg’s apartment, but in the Louboutin heels, it seemed like miles.

“Reservations under Sanders,” Marc told the hostess. She led them into the back room, which is mainly for couples looking for special privacy. It has a great waterfall inside to add to the steamy atmosphere. Meg couldn’t help but think something more was going to happen tonight. Marc had never really gone this far out to impress Meg. They’ve only been dating for two months.

“Can I start you off with anything to drink?” a waitress asked.

“I’ll have an appletini,” said Meg.

“And I’ll have a scotch on the rocks,” said Marc. The waitress wrote down the drink orders and walked over to the bar.

“Is there a special occasion that I forgot?” asked Meg.

“No, you didn’t forget anything, but I thought we would be able to discuss something seriously.”

“Okay, what did you want to talk about?” Meg was starting to get a little nervous. There’s no way Marc would ask THE question now; not this soon. Would he?

“Meg, I know we haven’t been seeing each other for that long, but in this time I think I’ve gotten to know you pretty well.” Marc took Meg’s hand and gave her his classic smile. He continued, “I don’t really know the best way to say this, so I’ll just spit it out.”

The waitress interrupted when she brought the drinks. Marc paused to take a long sip of scotch. He placed his drink back on the table and looked back into Meg’s eyes, “I think we should break up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just started writing this one. Let me know if you think I should continue. Also let me know if it completely sucks, because I have some other ideas in mind as well.